Got me a Java "pic"

The green peacock is supposed to be Java, but there is no way to prove he is pure. All of the other peafowl that I am selling are unrelated. I was going to breed pieds, but now that I have seen some other colors I think I want out of the pieds, whites, regular blackshoulders and the low % spauldings. I have peach on the brain right now along with some other colors. Our favorite NWF breeder is not doing many peach apparently though.

You may want to wait and see what I hatch this year. You know I am incredibly lazy so most of what I hatch gets sold locally for much less than the going market price as I hate to ship eggs or chicks. You may want to consider a couple of chicks from one of the bronze or spaulding pens. I bet I end up selling them cheap locally. I have some eggs hatching (or at least my fingers are crossed) this weekend from the spaulding bronze split whiteye pen and a couple from the midnight pen.

Oops I didn't notice there was a page four....

Well after talking to my mom and her being interested (she knows I have been wanting some green peafowl for a while now) we would like to know how much you are selling the yearling greens for (each)? Also if you have any photos of the parents or the chicks that would be cool too. I am always happy to find more local breeders especially ones like yourself that have several varieties other then just India blues. Oh and where are you located?
Thanks! -Alea

Last edited:
I dont know anyone looking for males on my end. I know two other people who are looking for pure Java girls besides myself. Alea if I get a pure girl somewhere you can have some chicks if and when they have babies. And like I said earlier I am going to try and get any hen for him right now just for the company. I would love to have the IB's if they didnt do their famous cry in the mornings.It would be legal here to keep them I just dont want to tick of none of the neighbors is all. Mine has'nt sounded off yet.Which is why Im keeping greens BTW.

Last edited:
Alea, I just traded the yearling greens and a pair of whites for a bunch of BLRW, lemon cuckoo orpingtons and Isbars chickens. It was a better deal than the auction saturday. AND although they were supposed to be Javas I doubt they were pure. I should also add they were both boys but you may have caught that from the other post.

Last edited:
@ AugeredIn :What does IB stand for? Is that indian blue ? So my girl is ? And my boy ? So these two will make? also do you have any pictures of your pens you can share
bow.gif
Do a search on "leap into peafowl" and you can see the latest pens.

Ahh okay well good luck selling the birds AugeredIn.

Destinduck if you ever do get a green peahen and are able to have green peachicks that would be great! I hope you can find a nice hen for him because he really does look beautiful.
smile.png

Thanks. His Dad is incredible looking. His Dad is totally wild though. He goes nuts if you get anywhere near him. I gotta have birds I can at least get close to. Mine isnt bad,thank God. I really wanted baby chicks from that original pair so I could handle them and get em really used to me. But unfortunately the mom died a coupla months ago. Shawn

Back
Top Bottom