Got me a part time job!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Southern28Chick, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I know I've said before that I didn't need a job because I can make a months worth of pay in 2 days at a craft show...BUT I get lonely sitting at home. I need some human interaction. Plus extra income is always a plus no matter who you are. SO.......I just got a job working about 24 hours a week as a lunch time server at a country club. And in the summer I get to drive the drink/beer cart around every once in a while (rotating with the other servers).

Anyway I'm excited and just wanted to share. [​IMG]

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Congratulations! [​IMG]

3. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Congrats! Jobs are so much more fun when you don't have to really have one!

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    That's great! I wish you the best of luck. I too have a problem just sitting around the house all the time. If I didn't have a job I would probably go stir crazy!

5. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    Way to go. Just don't crash the beveredge cart. Cutomers hate when that happens. [​IMG]

6. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    LCRT must be speaking from experience, huh?

7. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    That's great southern, hope it works wells for you

8. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Yeeehaaa, I so happy that you got something I think you will enjoy. Congratulations

9. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    Quote:Last year at our local golf club, the girl driving the beer cart crashed it into a tree. We were so upset that we called the clubhouse & demanded they deliver a few beveredges to the 14th tee. We were thirsty & just could NOT continue to play under the hot sun without a refreshing cold one. [​IMG]

10. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Thanks y'all! I always said I would never be a waitress again...but I'm not a waitress now, I'm a server. [​IMG] I'm sure I'll like a country club setting more than I liked Hooters or Ruby Tuesdays. [​IMG] It is going to be good knowing that the money I make is "fun money". I'll probably save most of it or start paying off credit cards.

The girl that crashed the beer cart was probably sampling the product. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by