Got more today

TurtlePowerTrav

T.K.'s Farm
7 Years
Jul 29, 2012
Oregon City, OR
My Coop
My Coop
So I am at Wilco Farm Store for some chicken feed and they have in stock for fall chicks EE(labeled as Ameracuana) and Golden Sex-link. Two weeks ago when I was there all the EE's were reserved. Not this time, and they just hatched Wednesday. So I called my DW and asked if I could get 2 EE's and one Sex-link now since I was planning on getting them in spring when I order about 10 LF and Bantams. She said I could. Yay. So here I go with a second batch of birds to raise.

My local Wilco "caught" me too! I will try to post pictures this next week - too busy this weekend.

I would love to se pictures of yours when you get the time,

Happy raising chicks!

I'm so glad we don't have shops selling chicks here! I'll have a 1 000 chickens by now LOL Enjoy your babies!

Well, one of the EE's was starting to get a pasty butt. So I brought her in and used a warm washcloth and wiped gently until it was clean. My first batch of chicks were 1 week and 2-3 weeks old, didn't have pasty butt issues. Raising from 2 day old is so different, but still fun.
big_smile.png

I heard it's heat and stress and I can't remember what else that causes it. I put ACV in they drink water and it worked. That's one of the best tips I ever got!

I heard it's heat and stress and I can't remember what else that causes it. I put ACV in they drink water and it worked. That's one of the best tips I ever got!

I think she just didn't get positioned right for the poo or toppled backwards. It was just a little dried poo on feathers covering vent area. I have them on ACV. She was fine lastnight went I went out to look in on them.
smile.png

My local Wilco "caught" me too! I will try to post pictures this next week - too busy this weekend.
I would love to se pictures of yours when you get the time,
Happy raising chicks!

Here ya go
big_smile.png

Pics 1 & 2 are the EE's, don't have names yet, gonna wait for coloring and personality. 3 is Golden Sex-link, Amber is her name since she will be amber colored. 4 is group shot.

Back
Top Bottom