Got my bator, some questions.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dave_Cash69, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

Quote:your humidity should be ok by morning, too. Plus when the eggs go in, it'll all go wonky, like I said, but it'll go back to normal, probably by the time you get home from school - if you have school tomorrow, you may get lucky with this weather and get to stay home and stare at your incubator [​IMG] I know Sam is hoping school will be cancelled tomorrow.

eta - Try to get the temp and humidity right with both plugs in.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  2. dave_Cash69

dave_Cash69 Songster

Feb 15, 2009
    kaintucky
    okay it just kicked off at exactly 100

3. dave_Cash69

dave_Cash69 Songster

Feb 15, 2009
    kaintucky
    Mojo Chick'n :

Quote:your humidity should be ok by morning, too. Plus when the eggs go in, it'll all go wonky, like I said, but it'll go back to normal, probably by the time you get home from school - if you have school tomorrow, you may get lucky with this weather and get to stay home and stare at your incubator [​IMG] I know Sam is hoping school will be cancelled tomorrow.

haha
    it isnt sticking to the road here, so i am sure we will be going. haha.

will this 'wonky' period effect the hatching rate? or is it normal with all incubations?​

4. Mojo Chick'n

Quote:I'd leave it there, then - 100 is perfectly acceptable

5. dave_Cash69

dave_Cash69 Songster

Feb 15, 2009
    kaintucky
    oh, and lights off, temp keeps rising..
    its now 100.9

wooo lets hit 101!

6. Mojo Chick'n

haha
    it isnt sticking to the road here, so i am sure we will be going. haha.

will this 'wonky' period effect the hatching rate? or is it normal with all incubations?

It's normal with all incubators - the first day they all go wonky when ya put the eggs in (less so with fans installed)

it was sticking here, when I went into town to pick Jon up at work. they had salt trucks out, but we live up on the ridge, so if it's slick anywhere around here, they cancel - I moved down here from Michigan [​IMG] we never had so many snow days up there.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  7. Mojo Chick'n

Quote:Usually after the light goes out, the temp will rise another 1 degree, if it goes higher, then tweak it down slightly the next time it comes on again.

8. dave_Cash69

dave_Cash69 Songster

Feb 15, 2009
    kaintucky
    woow.
    okay, hit 101.1
    light came on then, so i turned it back to the left a bit.

im getting the hang of it, i think.

am i doing it right

god i am so ready to put my eggs in there tomrorow.

9. Mojo Chick'n

Quote:sounds like you're narrowing it down pretty well.
    Just make sure ya don't turn it too far, [​IMG] then you'll have to tweak it back up again.

10. dave_Cash69

dave_Cash69 Songster

Feb 15, 2009
    kaintucky
    i hope im doing it rite. haha.
    meri i really appreciate all of your help, but id keep checkin this thread if i were you,cause ill probably have more questions

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: