Got my box from Ideal today!!

ttrjpbcz

Songster
11 Years
Jun 30, 2008
PA
I don't know why I thought I would know which were which!! Anyone recognize any of these newly hatched babies to be either light brahmas, dark brahmas, blue standard cochin (2), 3 bantam frizzle cochins*red, black and white), black jersey giants (4)
Thanks!
12581_p1080272.jpg

12581_p1080269.jpg

12581_p1080268.jpg

12581_p1080265.jpg

12581_p1080260.jpg

12581_p1080253.jpg

Thanks for your help!!
Tonia:)

OHH!! This is hard. I don't have any brahmas, but the frizzles and cochins are easier in about 1 or 2 weeks. the wing feathers that come in first curl quick. sorry I can't help more. This is a tuff one

I think I can spot your brahmas. Here's a couple of pics to (maybe?) help you out:

A light brahma:
chicks2004.jpg

A buff brahma:
chicks2003-1.jpg

The jersey giant is the darkest chick in this pic and of course she doesn't have feathered feet. All the other chicks in this pic are brahmas.
JG2.jpg

In this pic, the chick in front is a jersey giant, the one behind her is a dark brahma. We had a bit of confusion when my chicks from Ideal came. I'd ask them to mark the silver laced cochin because she and the jersey giant were for hooligan. They marked my roos instead! The JG was easy to spot, the cochin not so easy. Teri from Ideal told me to look for the darkest chick with black "eyeliner" and sure enough that chick turned out to be the cochin.
chicks2002.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that was a huge help!!! The brahmas have a dark circle on their head and the darks are brown and the lights are grayish.........I see them!!
the JGiants must be the ones with the white under bellies and the solid gray/blue must be my cochins!
ya.gif
:ya:ya

When I got my chicks, I spent sooo much time on feathersite.com. The chick photos there are very good.
Of course, if you are anything like the rest of us, you will end up planning new acquisitions!
lol.png

Oh! Oh! ttrjpbcz, I made a big mistake!
barnie.gif

In my last pic, the chick in front of my dark brahma is not the jersey giant. It's the cochin (notice the eyeliner?)
Regardless, since the JGs are the only non-feather footed chicks you ordered, your JGs are gonna be your darkest chicks without feathered feet. I remember hooligan's little JG to be the fiestiest chick in the box. Almost made me want to keep her.
hmm.png
Hooligan tells me she's still fiesty to this day.
OH! and you HAVE to call Ideal back. You forgot to order any buff brahmas. Obviously just an oversight on your part.
wink.png
lau.gif

That WAS A HUGE oversight on my part!! Darn it!!

Ok, since you seemed to be so willing to help, I am going to take indivual pics and see if you can't tell me for sure which are which...would you mind???
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom