Got my coop framed out, whew! **UPDATED 6/14- MOVING DAY TOMORROW! **

Wow, that is very nice! Now all you need is some chickens! Fear not, they should have been shipped today so we'll have them by Wednesday. But if you're not finished, it's ok because they can't live outside for several more weeks. Looks like you're on schedule.

More progress, but painfully slow. It's hard to get a lot done working on the coop mostly on weekends (part of the weekend). I have 90% of the siding cut, but I want to stain the edges before I tack it up- edges that I will not be able to get to once it is installed. More work to do it this way, but I have OCD when building stuff. I fit the windows in too. I am going to use board and batten siding. All of the horizontal nailing blocks are in too. My chickens are between 1 and 2 weeks old, so I have to stay at it.

Picture of 1 piece of siding that I am using-left side of the wall. I am using a ledger board to keep the bottom edges straight.

P5010002.jpg

Nest boxes framed out:

P5010003.jpg

Windows:

P5030012.jpg

P5030013.jpg

Hey there. That is looking very nice. I am really wondering about the dimensions. What size coop will this be? How many chickens are you going to house in it?

Hey there. That is looking very nice. I am really wondering about the dimensions. What size coop will this be? How many chickens are you going to house in it?

wow looks awesome ..
sure seems like its going up fast when i look at the photos posted, probably not fast enough for you guys ..

Very nice! I like that design to. I seen that coop your using as a building model and yours is definently sturdier. Great job!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
It is 8' long, and almost 6' wide. I am thinking about keeping 6-8 chickens in there.

Planning on 3 nest boxes (those will be on the side toward the chicken door), and the other space will be more floor space (side closest to the human door). I may have a feeder there, that I can access from the outside. The lid will be split in two, one side for the nest boxes, the other side to fill the feeder. Roosts will be on the opposite wall from the windows.

Thanks to MsMarbles&Me for getting me our first chicks. You have been a huge help ordering them for us!

I still have to build an attached run.
sad.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom