Got My Drivers License!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by resurreccion858, Dec 7, 2010.

1. resurreccion858

resurreccion858 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 31, 2010
    san diego
    NOW IM OFF TO DRIVE TO KAHOOTS IN RAMONA!!
    and pick up some chicks! =]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Congrats... glad I live in Phoenix...[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Have fun and be careful! [​IMG]

4. resurreccion858

Oct 31, 2010
    san diego
    Quote:HAHA that was a good one not gonna lie [​IMG]

5. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Congrats.

#1 Best Advice... check your mirrors. There are an insane amount of inconsiderate jerkwads on the roads. If you see them coming, you have a MUCH better chance of getting out of their way.

My Sis never was taught this (I took a paid for course, she was taught by mom) and to this day thinks I'm "psychic" when I ease up on the gas just before some *bleep* cuts me off. SO thankful my course included that very basic info... it's saved me MANY a fender bender. Hope it proves as helpful for you.

Oh, one more thing... GETTING LOST IS THE FIRST STEP TO AN ADVENTURE.

Oh... ONE more... phone books are awesome... at least the ones around here, because they have a full DETAILED map of the city in the front. Me and my Bro both carry one in our cars just in case. NO risk at all of the batteries (GPS or phone) dying on you... and should you need a tow/help you've got all the best numbers right there on hand to boot.

6. resurreccion858

Oct 31, 2010
    san diego
    Quote:thank you! i will keep all those in mind.
    i cant wait till i get lost and find myself on an adventure back home [​IMG]

7. PineappleMama

[​IMG] See, you say that now... but I've gotten turned around in MY city and I've been here for... what 16 years nearly? God I'm old. Anywho, with new construction, subdivisions popping up... etc having a phone book has come in very handy... also if you find yourself in massive traffic you can find a detour. It's a beautiful thing.

Also, we get SO many freaking phonebooks... seriously our furniture isn't so bad we need them to prop up EVERY corner... gotta do something with the blasted things.

Hey now, there's a Game Topic... RRR Phonebooks... hehe... booster seat... poor man's GPS... kindling...

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Excellent advice! Never thought of the phone book bit... [​IMG]

9. PineappleMama

Honestly, I used it ALL the time when planning from home. Helps a lot when you're trying to find a particular shop because you can find the address of two somethings you KNOW and then figure that X is between them... and you can know which side of the road it's on based on odd or even address. In our city North side = Odd and South side = Even... so you know to take a left onto Jones... but using the tele you know that what you're looking for is on the LEFT.

Course nowadays everyone has Google Maps and all, but should you forget your printout... it's a nice backup!! OR if you get there and they don't have what you want but say that X does... etc.

I did that sort for years, but it was my Bro who said he keeps on in his car and made me go DUHHHHH... why didn't I think of that.

Smarts to be informed by your YOUNGER brother that you missed something so obvious, but still glad of it. I swear we get at least three books a year... just for Arlington... and then there's the Arl/FtW ones... then the ones that have GP... it adds up.

The easiest way to avoid a stressful drive (1 mile or 1000) is to know where you're going... if you KNOW you have to be in the left lane then you can get there 5 miles back... as opposed to waiting until the last second and having a bunch of people really mad at you *ahem MIL ahem*

Turns out I get that attitude from Dad... had no idea since I never have driven while he was in the car... not raised by him... and yet that was passed down. Pretty nifty.

OH... and keep jumper cables in your car. Does absolutely NO good if someone stops to help you if you've NO cables! Learned that one the hard way!!

10. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Quote:ROFL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by