Got my first flock!

tlperk

Hatching
Sep 3, 2016
Salem
So excited! I got my chicks a few days ago, I was going to get three and ended up with 6! I had heard about chicken math, now I'm a firm believer! We live in the city so 6 is our limit, I'm hoping for a perfect pick of all hens, if not I have friends that will trade with me.
I'm looking forward to learning from you guys!
Tami

Hi Tami, welcome to BYC! Thanks for joining us and best of luck with your new flock!
smile.png

Greetings from Kansas, Tami, and :welcome. Pleased you joined us. Did you order 3 and get 6? Or did you order 3 and got sent 6? If it was the former, a word of caution. The three extra chicks may be males. Hatcheries often struggle getting rid of surplus males as most everyone only wants hens. So, they will sometimes toss in a few "bonus" chicks. If you're okay with rooster no problem. Just wanted to prepare you in case you were not. Best of luck to you!

Good to know! I actually went to the feed store with the plan on buying three and it seemed like so few...so I added three more! The hubby is questioning my counting ability!
Being in the city limits I'm not allowed to have roosters, which is a shame.
1f633.png

welcome-byc.gif

Congratulations on your new little flock! Do you know what breeds you got?

Chicks are so cute but they grow super fast so don't forget to take lots of pictures!

Back
Top Bottom