Got my first pair of turkeys today so excited!!!

IHEARTMYDUCKS

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 6, 2014
So I bought my first pair of turkeys today & they are beautiful!!! Only problem is I when I bought them the hen was had already laid six eggs the farmer I bought them from sent the eggs home with me ( not that I think she will just carry on where she left of or anything) but I am hoping she will start laying again soon? Also for now they are sharing a coop with my ducks & chickens & other pets will they be ok? My ducks, chickens, guinea fowls, rabbits, geese, tortoise have always coincided well with each other they free range during the day & come home @ night?

Is there a chance that she will start laying again soon?

Congratulations on the turkeys.

They should be fine with the ither animals. But I would watch the turkeys as they are more susceptible to cocci and if you hzave in your area blackhead disease.

What breed of turkeys did you get.

Depending where you are locatedas far as laying. Most of my hens have about stopped for the season. Most are in various stages of molting. But a couple are laying well. I would say once she is comfortable in her new home will probably lay a few eggs.

Hi there I am in South Africa as far as I'm aware its still breading season over this side like our Mallards & Pekins are only starting to lay now as their breeding season is late July to October as far as I know from the farmer these eggs are her first for the year? As for breed I have no idea the Tom looks like your everyday Turkey & the Hen is white with a lot of red feathers??? Maybe if I post a few pics you might be able to help? Thank you so much for your reply:)

Back
Top Bottom