Got my first two eggs!!! And something amazing.

G2Shooter

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 19, 2010
Quad Cities Area
I went out this morning to check food and water and found my first two eggs. But here is the amazing part. When I first put my chicks in their new home it was still chilly out. They kept huddling up in the nest boxes, all four in one nest box. I did not think it was a good idea to let them start sleeping in them so I cut a piece of cardboard and stuck it over the entrance to the nest boxes. It has been like that since early may. I go out this morning and see the cardboard laying in the floor of the coop so I open the door to get it out and find an egg in each nest box. It's like they knew what the nest boxes were for and pulled the cardboard off so they could get in and do their business. I was amazed anyway
ep.gif
. I just bought a new bag of chick starter saturday, can I finish feeding this to them or should I go buy some layer food and switch them to that now that a couple of them are laying?

Buy layer and mix them .. then next time you can buy layer!

Good job chickie girls!!

Congrats!! Such smart chickies you have!!

If your chick feed is medicated, you dont want to eat the eggs from the hens. If it isnt, you should mix the feed with layer feed to get it all used up.

Back
Top Bottom