Got my new bator....

lol.... ya just wanted to point out that it was a guy that really did not know what he was doing!
lol.png

Well.... the guy I got my eggs from apparently needs a better rooster, or take better care of his eggs! :)... I have 4 fertile eggs. I candled them at 10 days, and it looked like 2 were way further along than the other 2. I am thinking that 2 started growing while outside before the guy gathered them since he left them out all week. So now for the problem. They have been in the bator for 2 weeks. If they had started a week before, then I could be at day 18.... I added the outer ring of water to increase the humidity this morning, but left them in the turner. I am thinking that I could have hatchers any time... please let me know what you would do in this case!!

BTW... wont be getting any more eggs from Uncle Jack!
big_smile.png

Could you see the chick moving inside? When the egg gets really dark and it is hard to see movement (maybe just a vein or two) then you are in the last few days of hatching and you should increase the humidity to at least 65%.

You can not see anything in these eggs, except for a little spot on one end you can get light to penetrate. Maybe 1/4" into the egg allows light in.

This is my first time hatching, so a little clueless as to what it really looks like.

Just an update I have not candled, not much of an update there huh but I did add some of Wynette's Black Cooper Marans on 8/30, I've never done a staggered hatch before, but when the Blue and Black Marans are ready for lockdown, I will have another incubator available for hatching. I have Blue and Black Mottled Duccle's and Blue Marans supposed to hatch within the next day or two. Good Luck to all, I will be busy running, Oh I didn't tell you, I also have a Spitzenhauben on eggs ready to hatch her lockdown day was yesterday, so I should get that side walk, I wanted to the hen house after all.
celebrate.gif

Michele

Update... Lock down in the morning. Candled tonight, and I know that I saw movement in 3 of the 4. One of them is stinking a little, but looks the same as the other 3, and a think that I seen movement in that one as well... is it possible for one to stink a little (was not really bad), and still be ok? Bear with me... im learning!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom