Got some new EE's today :) PICTURES!

Quote:
He IS very pretty... but I don't want him. I have enough of my own.
hmm.png

Shellie, those EEs are gorgeous. I agree, use the Vicks on the legs for a white. If they're roosting on something, you'll have to treat that as well. Make sure to treat bedding with poultry dust too.

Jody

we are having scaly leg mite issues also.
sad.png
It doesn't matter how much you use, just as long as you use enough to coat the leg. Make sure you rub it on nice and thick to smother the mites. WD40 also works, and so does Vaseline. Or any other oil stuff(besides today's car oil) Veg. oil, etc....
Get some poultry dust at a farmer's supply store/tractor supply store. Or online. Whatever works best for you.
wink.png
Then, dust the entire coop well. If you have bedding, you should replace it if it is straw or shavings(mites can live in straw and shavings well) and dust the nest boxes. This will not harm eggs or chickens.
wink.png
(unless dust container says so)

Gorgeous birds! We have one EE pullet. she's black and she's only about 6 weeks old. sooo cute!

Good luck and really nice birds!
celebrate.gif

Quote:
Thanks for the information.
These are birds I just purchased today. They are in quarantine (a metal dog crate on my porch) with minimal shavings.
I'll coat their legs and look for some sort of mite dust at the feedstore in the morning.

Thank you for all the replies!!
big_smile.png

Harley's girl :

Shellie,
Put some baby oil on them. That usually clears it right up.
smile.png
Glad to see the boys have some girls now.
wink.png

Thanks!! I have baby oil and vaseline handy since I've got the toddlers here too LOL I'll slap some on in the morning.​

Back
Top Bottom