Got Some Silkies *Pic Heavy*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chickenfan4life, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Here are my new babies:

Black Partridge:

[​IMG]

And Black Partridge again.

[​IMG]

Blue Partridge:

[​IMG]

And Blue Partridge again:

[​IMG]

And Splash:

[​IMG]

And Splash again:

[​IMG]

In an amazing turn of events, the breeder that I bought my late blue silkie was in the same pet store that I was in. I told her how Percy the blue silkie had been infested in lice. She told me that she was going to give me a free blue silkie chick to replace the one that died.

She is a very honest breeder. She had brought all her chicks so that I could choose my color. I chose the Blue Partridge for the free chick, but fell in love with the Black Partridge and Splash silkies. So I purchased those two for twelve dollars each. But I didn't have the last dollar needed to make it $24.00. I told her this, and she said that she would take the $23.00 for them.

These are very show quality bearded silkies from a breeder out of state. I am most impressed with the price. My mom is disapointed with how I chose to spend my money, but I am entirely thrilled. I will keep you all updated with pictures and stories of them each day if possible. Please comment and subscribe. {Also, name suggestions are very welcome.}

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    They are beautiful! I'm getting more and more tempted to get myself some silkies as well. They are so cute!

3. Chickenfan4life

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Day 2, the silkies take their first trip outside. Though it was slightly chilly and rather windy, they enjoyed. Splash silkie found a little dead fly and ran with it until finally she managed to find a quiet spot to eat it.

Splash silkie is very photo-genic, therefore, I take the most pictures of her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rest of the gang was rather reluctant about getting their pictures taken. As a result, the pics are somewhat poor, but they are pics.
    Here is the willing partridge silkie, her sibbling was more reluctant. The little partners in crime are constantly escaping the brooder. But only the two partridge silkies, not the Splash.

Anyhow, here's the lil blue partridge silkie. She is really cute, the pictures do her no justice at all.
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, I have no pics of the black partridge on his outside trip. Please stay tuned for more about the silkies. Please comment and subscribe
    I am thinking of naming them Arrabelle, Annabelle, and Snowbelle, assuming they are girls. I think you all know who will be called Snowbelle.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  4. Chickenfan4life

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    I am so sad to say that Little Black, the black partridge, is dead. I found him dead this morning in his brooder. R.I.P, Little Black. You will be greatly missed. I may have only had you for a week, but in that week, I knew that you were a wonderful pet, and a devoted buddy. Always peeping for me whenever I left. I am gonna miss you, buddy. Rest In Peace.

[​IMG]

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Aw, how sad. Sorry you lost him.

6. Chickenfan4life

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Ahh, well, he was my buddy, but I cannot do much now. I have other chicks to enjoy, too. It would have been much worse if it had been one of our year old laying hens. I am much more attached to them.

7. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    So sorry you lost him! It's good to hear you are ok - it is hard to lose them young, but harder when you've had them longer. Poor little guy, though.

8. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    ssssiii iiil kkiiiieeesssss

*goes insane from cuteness*

:love :love :love

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by