GOT that varmint! (Pics)

Yes, I love them poodles as well. Some even say I'm starting to look like my dog.

poodleboy.bmp

LOL - just having fun!

OK, I'm really new to the forum but going to give this a try. I'll be waiting until next spring to get our chicken coop built and, finally, get our chicks. In the mean time, I do have...

12178_nicole_061_1.jpg

Oliver!! This is our standard poodle. He's truly the best dog we've had, and tons of fun. I'm wondering how he'll do with chickens after a run in yesterday with a wild mama turkey and young ones.

It was the funniest thing. I was out working in the yard and heard alot of "turkey noises." Ran behind the barn and found a very mad mother turkey and Oliver running amok among the babies. I hollared and Oliver came running up the hill with mama hot on his tail. She chased us both in the house.

I think leaving poultry alone will be one of the first lessons.
hmm.png

Michele

Last edited:
Awwww, Oliver is adorable! Delta, the dog in my avatar, is a black standard poodle as well.

Teach Oliver manners around the birds, of course, but NEVER leave him alone with them, if you don't mind me sticking my nose in your business with unwanted advice! If he MUST work with you, then teach him to drive the tractor.

520307206_cf93031c72.jpg

Poodles are the BEST for posing in silly pictures. Start with Oliver now--I guarantee you he'll let you do whatever ridiculous thing you want with him, as long as it makes you happy.
smile.png

Don't worry, we keep them well contained.
wink.png
You must have never met a GOOD poodle yet. They're waaaaay different than what is bred in most backyards. When they were so popular back in the 70's, they really got ruined...but that's OK, because we fanciers don't *want* them to get popular again! You know how it is with domestic animals. Demand creates exploitation.

Quote:
She was not happy. I guess I need to blog that series--I don't know if "non-country" people will think it's as funny, though. I guess we'll see!

Back
Top Bottom