Got the coop more or less finished (more pics added)

dunkard_trapper

Chirping
May 8, 2010
Monongalia Co
Stats 12' x 12,' skids on blocks, somewhat level and pert near square. Built by my father and me
2x6 treated floor joists, 3/4" tongue and groove plywood floor, studs are 16" OC, double top plate, roof joists are 2x6 24" OC topped with 1/2 " plywood
Inside: 8x12 for the chickens and 4x12 for storage and some rooster pens in the corner. Six hole rollout nest box (got the plans from on here TY)
Outside around 700 sqft run with 2x4 welded wire and a skirt around the whole thing
Critters: 13 RIR and 13 SLW along with a mystery chick turned out to be a sicilian buttercup.
Will be butchering all but 4 of the roos should end up with around 16 birds this winter
I'll try to answer any questions anybody has
Thanks
COOP1.jpg

Floor dugout and framed up

COOP2.jpg

Walls framed

COOP3.jpg

My redneck daughter posing

COOP4.jpg

COOP5.jpg

COOP6.jpg

COOP7.jpg

COOP8.jpg

Coat of paint on her ,not my choice of colors but thats the deal
COOP10.jpg

Run area also extends around the back
coop_Int.jpg

nest boxes
maggie_RIR.jpg

Sorry about the pic quality they were takin with my phone
I'll try and post some more interior layout pics if anybody is interested

Last edited:
It has two windows one on each side, no glass in them just hardware cloth, they can be shut up if need be. As for other ventilation you can see the permenant holes in the gable walls both front and back and all the eaves along both sides are open with hardware cloth in place. This leaves about a 3-4" gap along the length of both sides. I'll try to get some more pics tonight if I get home in time.

Back
Top Bottom