Got the Fever-Took the Plunge - Walked off the Edge

Quote:
SSHHHhhhhhhesh! Can't tell ya
sad.png
If I do than I might not get what
I want
roll.png
But I can tell that they will be brown chicken egg's :eek:

Welcome to the addiction. Now the most dangerous forum group will be the Buy, Sell, Trade. It's awful, you think you're just gonna take a quick look and then someone has a post about zebra eggs to ship tomorrow and before you know what happened you order a dozen.

I've been running mixed hatches, alternating hatches, hatching chicks, ducks and peacocks all simultaneously. Now my husband even says it's time to get a better incubator (I only have the cheapie basic HovaBator which doesn't have a thermostat and I have to constantly monitor temps which constantly shoot up to 108 from 89). Each time I tell him "No, it's just this one hatch and then NO MORE" Yeah, right.

Have one little chick that hatched early this morning, waiting on the other EE and peacock to pip. Speckledhen's Blue Orp eggs should be here this morning and Mergmet's BC Marans should be here in a week or so. So I guess the madness never ends.

I am hoping that the common sence part of me that keeps saying

"How are you going to feed all these during the winter" takes holed soon!
if not I may be eating them. lol

I just started thinking about getting chickens two months ago and at first talked about getting 5 chickens to start...it went up to 7 or 8 now it's up to a dozen PLUS a roo! lol I have an incubator on the way...should be here in a few days..and I have 25 chicks on the way and eggs on the way to go IN that incubator! This place IS for crazies! Your in the right spot!!!!
gig.gif
woot.gif

Quote:
The ONYL bator in the world!! I think its call the Miss Prissy1588 or some such
wink.png

All I am sure about is that it cost money and at this
point it is smarter than me
big_smile.png

It is a race now to see what gets here first, the bator
or da egg. Kind of a chicken, egg thing
smile.png

It's not like I have not done this before, a few decades
ago but if I remember correct the whole thing was a dud.

Last edited:
I will not buy an incubator. never ever ever. That is my mantra. I just live through all of you. I do have a broody hen though. That is how I keep my sanity. I have just one broody hen right now. (and she had 9 eggs to hatch)

Back
Top Bottom