Got the preditor on camera! Can you identify?

That's the problem. All the homes I'm speaking of at at the back of the property. All the homes are close. Too close. Even bird shot would scare me. I have one particular spot I know I am safe to shoot form, just can't get that lucky. One of us waits and nothing shows! The trap was a fail again. We had a bad wind storm and it somehow set it off after we went to bed. Havn't checked the cam yet. We'll see. Gonna keep trying. Oh, the farm-house is down hill at right behind the coop and garden. It really stinks! If I come in from the side, the camper is straight through there. Our only chance is trap, then shoot. I would bet money though that we have the 2 cats, a fettit or mink, and possibly something elese to take care of.

On top of this we have a halk. I'll get that sucker soon enough though! I won't loose another chicken to anything. :(

Trap in a live trap.Set trap at the exhaust pipe of a running car.Finished in about 5 min.Do it when its dark.Keep trap inside a shed or hidden .Dump on back road as roadkill.

You need to try foothold mink traps and bait it with liver. Irresistable to mink, weasels, and cats. (oops, did I say cats?) Put it in a box to keep out pets. We set mink traps around our property and caught a HUGE mink in the backyard that fortunately was dining on young roosters that were crowing at 3 am.

Get some of those traps you need a bar to set with.You can rig the larger ones into a tidy cat litter pail.Perfect square shape like the trap.Conibear,that is what it is called.Traps are cheap at the feed store. I have a cat I need to trap.Monster of a thing. I can smell its spray.Right up there with skunk spray.Nasty.

For weasel size animals a 110 conibear is sufficient, then you have the 220 which is the mid size one which should work ok slightly larger animals the there is the 330 this is a large strong trap and you need the tool to set the springs unless you are Hulk Hogan. One thing about conibears is in some states it is illegal to use them on land unless they are so many feet off the ground in trees or blowdowns also they are legal to use under water, this is because they are kill traps, if a dog or other non target species sticks his head through them they are dead, there is no releasing them. So if using the larger sizes on land be very careful of your sets, you don't want to kill your dog on accident or kill something else you shouldn't with an illegal set, most times if you keep your mouth shut you will be ok but if someone finds out there could be fines involved.

Last edited:
We deff wouldn't tell anyone. Thanks for the refurals, been talkin to Hubby about possibly getting something like this. We checked the cam again and the animal has been a no show since we got the pic. This happens every dang time! I'm ready to clear all the surrounding forest, jk! Just part of living out like this, I just can't stand constantly being outsmarted my the prey!

The 220 or 330 you will need a setter to set them.Above all,KEEP YOUR HANDS AWAY! Beaver trapper use them and if you have one trip on you,you're gonna need help to get it off.The 110 is a little on the light side but a double spring 150 might do it.

Back
Top Bottom