Got tired of nasty store-bought eggs and built a chicken coop!

piratessoul

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 10, 2014
We have had chickens before and just decided to give it another go. My wife and I live in South Alabama. We have friends who have donated some chickens out of their flocks to get us started. We have mostly Arucanas and Amerucanas. We also have a lovely Bantam couple who have their own coop/condo.
We love getting up early and tending to them! Of course, the eggs are the real treasure of the endeavor! I just refuse to go on eating eggs that I can't taste! I hope to gain some helpful knowledge on this forum and, maybe make a few friends.

b. hinton

Welcome!!! My familey won't eat store bought eggs any more either. I am glad there are people out there who want to raise there own food.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You have come to the right place for all the learning and fun! We are just bursting at the seams with knowledge. :)

Yes, nothing better than collecting fresh eggs right from under the hen! The store bought eggs pale in taste and consistency compared to your own home grown eggs.

So glad you are enjoying your flock! Chickens are such a pleasure to keep.

Make yourself at home here. If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask.

Enjoy all your adventures with your flock and welcome to our roost!

Welcome to BYC!
Would love to see pictures of your birds - true Araucanas are so rare to see.
Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on seeing some pics. Birds typically sold by hatcheries as Araucanas or Ameraucanas are actually Easter Eggers, which are hybrids produced to lay eggs in different colors (true Aracaucanas are tailless and they, and true Ameraucanas, lay only blue eggs). I agree with you; fresh eggs definitely taste better than store bought eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

It sounds like you have a nice flock!

Back
Top Bottom