Got to love these Old Coops....and Ohio weather!

After a summer of waiting... the roof issue is being resolved! Worked this weekend to FINALLY get a NEW roof on the old girl! ALMOST got the whole thing accomplished until an unfortunate incident occurred with one of the roofers, 3 fingers, and the nail gun...
The "original roof" was found under the tin... as well as some damage... that is now resolved!View attachment 2334383
Adding on another 22 x 8 ft run to the Southeastern side of the coop...
View attachment 2334384
View attachment 2334385

Some are waiting patiently while work is completed.
View attachment 2334386

The roof will be complete in the next couple days! I will add pictures when complete!
I would love to know how you have that tunnel setup and attached to their waiting area. I’ve tried and failed and don’t have resources to waste trying again.

I would love to know how you have that tunnel setup and attached to their waiting area. I’ve tried and failed and don’t have resources to waste trying again.
Well, I just cut a hole matching the tunnel shape in the pvc tractor, shoved the tunnel in and used a couple of zip ties. How did you do yours?

the Roof is on! Silly me didnt get a finished picture, but I will add that to my new coop page later!!! No more rain inside!!!!
1600599206738.png
1600599224387.png
1600599241362.png

Well, I just cut a hole matching the tunnel shape in the pvc tractor, shoved the tunnel in and used a couple of zip ties. How did you do yours?
Inwas trying to do a tunnel but couldn’t get the wire to stay up even with a board stapled to the bottom, nor could I figure out how to attach it to the ground. Could you take a couple of closeups?

Looks like tunnel just sitting on the ground....and is made out of pretty stiff wire?
View attachment 2341406
@Fishychix --- Just 2x3 welded wire thats rolled into a D shape. Then, 6" landscape staples in the bottom to hold them in place. The are flexible, but will hold their shape. You can also use like a cut hula hoop, or stiff garden hose run through the wire to help hold its shape if you need to. Mind you, they are never in the tunnels unless someone's out there with them or at least close by because they are not predator proof.

Last edited:
Looks like tunnel just sitting on the ground....and is made out of pretty stiff wire?
View attachment 2341406
@Fishychix --- Just 2x3 welded wire thats rolled into a D shape. Then, 6" landscape staples in the bottom to hold them in place. The are flexible, but will hold their shape. You can also use like a cut hula hoop, or stiff garden hose run through the wire to help hold its shape if you need to. Mind you, they are never in the tunnels unless someone's out there with them or at least close by because they are not predator proof.
I tried to do it with chicken wire because I want them to have access to the garden without having to carry them, which they’re not terribly fond of. I’ll upgrade and try again in spring. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom