Gower's Feed Store in Ranson, WV. is having a Chickenstock! June 1st, 2013, from 8am - 1pm

Chicken Junkies

Songster
9 Years
Jan 1, 2011
Eastern Panhandle of WV.
My Coop
My Coop
celebrate.gif
We're having a Chickenstock!!!
celebrate.gif

When: Sat. June 1st, 2013 8am - 1pm
Where: Gower's Feed Store - 1208 N Mildred St, Ranson, WV 25438

What to bring:

Chicks
Laying Hens
Started Pairs and Trios
Showy Bantams
Waterfowl
Turkeys
Peafowl
Ducks
Geese
Gamebirds
Hatching Eggs (no eating eggs unless you are properly certified)
Incubators
Brooders
Cages
Coops
Waterers/Feeders
Bunnies
Farm/Country Crafts
Sheep
Goats
Soaps
Plants
Basically anything farm and poultry related.

Who will be there:

This is a Buy/Sell/Trade event and it is FREE to attend and FREE to setup as a vendor. It will be organized by local poultry hobbyists and is open to the public. There will be a WV tester on site.

Poultry- Out of State- Must be NPIP certified and have forms showing test dates for Pullorum typhoid testing (within 90 days) or forms showing that birds originated from a PT clean flock and all out of state birds must also show negative Avian Influenza testing (within 10 days of sale). Poultry can also travel on Certificate of Veterinary Inspection with these test dates listed as previously mentioned.

Sheep/Goats- All sheep and goats must be Scrapie tagged OR tattooed with registration papers present. If from out of state then must also have Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (health certificate from vet) which is good for 30 days.

Equine- All horses/ponies/donkeys, etc must have a negative Coggins test dated within 1 year. If out of state then must also have Certificate of Veterinary Inspection within 30 days.

In state poultry- can be tested day of Chickenstock or bring their NPIP paperwork showing testing results. (Arrive early - 7am as there may be a line.)

We also ask that no one start selling before 8am, so that everyone has time to setup and get ready. Also, the people who come at 8am will find what they drove all the way to see.

If you plan on selling, get there early enough to get your birds tested and get setup before things get started. (Linda will be unlocking the gate at 7:30am) Don't forget to bring boxes to send your birds home in.

Stay tuned to this thread for more updates as they come in. We will keep an updated list of what's coming and what people are looking for. This is a rain or shine event.

For more info:

Call Linda at (304) 728-7777

Call Ronnie at (304)825-3076 or email him at [email protected]

Call Carol (304)433-8052 or email her at [email protected]

There will be more info and updates at http://ChickenJunkie.com too.

We thank you for your support!
frow.gif

Here is a flyer to copy and paste on your Facebook page, Tweet about or print out and post around the area. We appreciate your help.
thumbsup.gif

The List:

Muscovy ducklings
Turkey poults (RP, BR, BS)
Sebrights
Silkies
Serama
Speckled Sussex
Easter Eggers
Wood crafted items... crates, boxes, etc.
BLRW
Barred Rock
Geese
Bantam Cochin
Pigeons
Guinea Fowl
Keets
Ameraucana LF
Olive Eggers
Marans
ShowGirls
Polish (White Crested Bantam and LF)
Red SexLink Pullets
Cages
Iris Plants
Hatching Eggs
Salmon Favorelle
Coturnix
Belgian d'Anvers
Soaps
Candles
Welsummer
Naked Necks
Mallards
Bunnies
Goats
Cayuga Ducklings
Guinea Keets
Call Ducklings
Brown Leghorns (flock of 4 pullets and a cockerel, 3 months old.)
Bantam Salmon Favorelles
Easter Egger pullets POL
Ameraucana peeps (pullets)
Brown Egg Layer pullet chicks
Rabbit items
Rhode Island White hens 1.5 year old
Black Australorp
LF Polish
Belgian d'Anvers pair (hen is laying)
Cuckoo Marans 10 weeks old
Heritage Rhode Island Red chicks
Orps
Bantam Cochin hens
Salmon Faverolle Bantams, trio about 2 months old
6 Crested Cream Legbar Fertile Eggs
5 Isbar Fertile Eggs
A Chocolate Silkie hen (18 months)
3 - 19 Week Old Red Sex Link Pullets
Fertile Silkie and ShowGirl Hatching Eggs
Fertile Bantam Cochin Hatching Eggs (Millie Fleur Project + Black and Blue Mottled)
Fertile Serama eggs
Canned goods
Pure-bred Mini-Rex baby Bunnies

Plus much, much more. Please check back often.

Last edited:
We'll be there. Should have Muscovy ducklings, Turkey poults (RP, BR, BS) and of course chickens (Sebrights, Silkies, Serama, Speckled Sussex, Easter Eggers,) and what ever else hatches.

Dont think we'll have our Flemish with us, as Sophie's newest litter won't be weaned yet, but might be a nice day to just walk around and enjoy! Our new coop will (hopefully) be all set to go by then, so a couple ready-to-lay copper marans would definitely top our list! :-D

Dont think we'll have our Flemish with us, as Sophie's newest litter won't be weaned yet, but might be a nice day to just walk around and enjoy! Our new coop will (hopefully) be all set to go by then, so a couple ready-to-lay copper marans would definitely top our list! :-D

I'll keep my eye out for ya. I know quite a few people with BCM. I have some and will be bringing some peeps, broody momma willing. See ya there.
jumpy.gif

I have a pair of Crested Cream Legbar chicks. They are one week old. They come from my breeders (Purchased directly from Greenfire farms). I am in VA, I am NPIP/AI clean. I am asking $50 for the pair, but willing to trade for SQ Partridge, Porcelain, or Paint Silkies.

Back
Top Bottom