GQF incubator and hatcher...question

I got it adjusted to 100.4 on top shelf by fan and 99.2 down by by the bottom tray....so what do ya'll think? Leave it alone or mess with it some more. These reading are from one digital therm. with a wire. My GQF therm that slides through a hole reads 95

So the top shelf with the heater and fan are at 100.4 and the bottom tray for eggs is at 99.4 My question is: Should I be happy and leave it alone or keep adjusting more.
It is a GQF...but the title says that..lol

Last edited:
Quote:
Thats sound great , i check temp , at the tray also . One thing check temp with a medical therm. it will tell what the high was , great way to check those digal therm, which if you read they are +or - 1 degree.

HAPPY HATCHING.....you will love those incubators. I run my with vents open , they control the humdity not the temp. Humdity I control , by water surface , need more humidity , add another pan

Quote:
Thats sound great , i check temp , at the tray also . One thing check temp with a medical therm. it will tell what the high was , great way to check those digal therm, which if you read they are +or - 1 degree.

HAPPY HATCHING.....you will love those incubators. I run my with vents open , they control the humdity not the temp. Humdity I control , by water surface , need more humidity , add another pan

Cool....I have the vents slightly open and my humdity s right at 65%. But I put in a full pan when I started, so I will add a little water when it get down to 45-50. thanks

I'd check your temp on the GQF dial thermometer in a glass filled with ice and water.....see how close it gets to 32F......I have my GQF running, with my dial thermometer mounted in the side of the bator, and then I have my brinsea spot check down on the first turner rack...they are both dead on at 96.7 F

it's easy to calibrate the GQF dial therm with a twist of the nut on the backside.

Dan

Quote:
I have been making slight adjustments...I will test the GQF dial thermometer....good suggestion..thanks

The GQF dial thermometer...read right at 32 F in the glass of ice water. great trick thanks

Back
Top Bottom