GQF incubator and hatcher...question

Quote:
great question...I have the metal trays as well

It should be. I don't see why it wouldn't be, when it "degrades" to table salt. We use it in our bator on all the metal surfaces and haven't had a problem. It is also safe to use on wood, like in your coop, because you don't have to worry about leaving a bleach residue.

that is good to know...someone else just post on another feed...best way to clean a coop.
I thought it was funny.

you got a steal on those bators!!!

a month or so back i picked up a newer 1502 digital and an GQF ostrich incubator for $550, now the back news.....the ostrich bator was severly damaged in our house fire on christmas eve. The 1502 was also damaged, controler melted and shrunk some and all the hole covers melted, hydrometer was pegged 6 hours after the fire.......after a bunch of cleaning and alot of tweeking, i have the 1502 back up and running...still needs new parts, but hopefully the eggs start hatching soon!!

Hope you enjoy your new bator and hatcher, but i have a feeling your going to be running out of coop space soon!!!!
lol.png

I got both of the bators up and running. I am still learning how to set the temp. I have got it to 97 and to 101. I am having trouble getting to the 99.5 any suggestions? thanks. Tomorrow is like the last day I can put the eggs I want to in this time. Thanks Agian.

If I can only get the 97 or the 101...what should I do? Go with the 101 and open the vents in back a little wider? I am hoping someone knows....thanks

I got an electronic thermostat from Incubator Ware house for 49.99. It worked great held the temp right on the mark. Liked it so well I bought another one when I decided to build a hatcher. Sending you good vibes and great hatches.
jumpy.gif

I got one therm. from GQF that is stuck in the side by the front of the top egg tray. It reads 99. I got a digital one to place in there that sits up by where the fan is and has a wire to place outside. I have the wire hanging down close to the front of the bottom tray. The digital by the fan reads 100.6 and the wire reads 99. So shoudl I increase so the wire reads 99.5 and hopefully bringing up the GQF therm as well. Or lower so the digital by the fan reads 99.5 I feel like the wire is the way to go since it is closer to the eggs. What does everyone else think? And thanks for all the help

Back
Top Bottom