GQF incubator info.

kcmochicken

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 24, 2012
Can someone let me know how far apart the tray racks are as well as the distance from the bottom of the shelf to the top tray and from the bottom tray to the top of the hatching tray or bottom if no hatching tray.
If you are using one do you like the distance between the trays or would you add a little more. Thanks in advance.

Maybe someone could help you if you post pictures. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with this incubator.

the standard GQF cabinet models. I think one of them is called the Sportsman? Any of the 1200s or 1500s models. I thought they were probably the most popular cabinet incubators so someone on here would have one and could help me out.
I want to make a cabinet incubator and don't know how far apart to put the racks so we would have enough room in between them to fit double stacked quail eggs and up to turkey eggs.without them hitting the next tray up when turning and also having enough space between for good circulation.
I dont want to just space them quite far apart because we are having 6 or 7 racks and I dont want it to end up 6 foot tall of anything,
Sorry I don't know how to post pics. Thank you

Last edited:
Bottom of water shelf to bottom of top tray is 5 1/2 inches.
Bottom of tray to bottom of tray is 4 3/4 inches.
Bottom of lowest tray to top of hatching tray is 4 inches.
Bottom of lowest tray to floor of cabinet is 7 inches.
These measurements taken from a standard model 1202 with the hatching tray.
There is plenty of room with this spacing to stand goose eggs on end so turkey eggs will fit with no problem.
The pro model without the hatching tray would have different dimensions to allow for its greater amount of tilt while turning.

Thank you, thank you.

I wasn't aware that some models tilted further then others. More researching to do.

Back
Top Bottom