GQF Incubator Issue's

southerndraw

Hatching
11 Years
Jan 7, 2009
Balch Springs
I am needing help with my GQF Incubator, the tempature at the top is 100 degrees but at the bottom it is 97.3 degrees is this normal and if not what do i need to do thanks for any advise.
sad.png

Good observation and good question. A still air incubator will have different temperatures at different levels. Hot air rises and cold air settles.

You need to put the thermometer at the top of the eggs. That is the point you need the right temperature.

I don't think they are talking about a still air incubator.

Please tell if you are working with a cabinet type & the "top" is the top shelf.

I am interested in the answer as I am seeing this in the one I am working with. Top is warmer than the bottom hatching area.

Where are you measuring the temps?
I have an older GQF cabinet 'bator. I have a digital thermometer in the hatching tray at the bottom, and a magnetic thermometer on the front of the top turner frame. I also use the metal thermometer that goes through the wall of the 'bator near the top. Each of my hatching trays has a metal thermometer (the kind that look like meat thermometers) in the center.
My temps are less than .3 degrees difference.
Do you have a clear window, or are you opening the door to the 'bator to read the temps?
I have a clear door on mine, so I can check all temps without opening the door.
Is something obstructing airflow from the fan? If there is something blocking the fan from circulating the warm air, that could cause a temp difference.
The only time I notice a significant difference in temp & humidity is when I have eggs hatching in the hatching tray at the bottom.

this is a cabinet model i have digital temp reader on the top shelf and on bottom shelf and it a clear door, I have a hatcher.

Last edited:
i have 2 digital temp bought at the same time but when i get home will move the bottom to the top, i used those instructions when i set my gqf up thanks for the advise.

I have a sportsman as well and I have the same temp. difference. I have not yet had my bator full of eggs. Is yours?

I was thinking that when there are eggs on all the shelves the temp will stabilize just from the mass of the eggs.
The thermometer that turns the heater on and off is at the top and therefore the temp does shut off as soon as
it is warm enough up top and the air cools at it moves to the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom