GQF sportsman Incubator???

They make different size eggs trays, there is a small one for quail size. I think it holds 118 quail eggs. Chicken size holds 45 eggs - you can use it for turkey eggs and small duck eggs but they may not fit in every slot. The goose size holds 27 eggs. You can fit 6 chicken and goose size trays in it. You can make yourself knee deep in chicks in no time flat.....well ok 21 days flat.
smile.png

Both of ours paid for themselves in one season of chick hatching.

Steve

I just ordered mine! Horray! I cannot wait to get it!

One question though - we have a programmable thermostat in the house so that when we're not home, we're not keeping the house at 72. It goes down to 62 (natural gas is expensive). Is that going to drastically affect the temperatures in my sportsman, or can it handle the atmosphere changes?

Imo its the easiest to use and the most reliable
I have 3 and wouldnt use anything else
I got all mine straight from GQF also

Aaron

I have a GQF sportsman cabinet model too...and we too have a programmable thermostat in our home...the incubator is down in our lower level family room that is cooler than our upstairs to begin with, but we fluctuate our house temps from 72 down to about 64F when not at home, and the Incubator hasn't moved off of 96.5 (hatching emu eggs right now) since I started it up.

Dan

Quote:
i recently purchased and recieved my gqf sportsman 1502 from sure hatch , and i love it , the first bath of eggs to hatch in it was 25 coronation sussex , and ive about got it full now , so it is getting broke in the right way

currently incubating

brown leghorn
EE
nn
blrw
buff orps
bbs orps
lav orps
bbs ameraucana
lav ameraucana
black lav split ameraucana
olive eggers
coronation sussex
silkies
fbcm
blue and black sweedish ducks

and awaiting arrival of some jumbo brown courtnix

wheres the turkeys, pheasants and guineas
gig.gif

Our house is on a programable T stat also and the temp change doesn't bother it a bit. It's got a large heating element so it doesn't bother it plus you have the thermal mass of the 'bator and eggs in it which keep the temp stable.

Steve

Thanks for all the responses! I'm so glad it will make my life easier. I'm tired of running 4 styrafoam units at once, and throwing out so many eggs. This will have to be easier, space saving, more efficient, and the list goes on...
celebrate.gif
I ended up ordering directly from the manufacturer. Says could take up to 10 days. Let's hope they are slow this week:D

Back
Top Bottom