Grab a cup...Putting the Coffee on!

Lov'emSouthernEggs

Songster
10 Years
May 2, 2009
East Carolina
Hatch #2!
caf.gif

Out of 41 eggs I have 19 ready to go. 12 are for sures as of day 18. 7 are possibles (couldn't see really well in these). 8 never made it past the first week and the rest weren't fertil. Very hopefull!
thumbsup.gif

I was so hopeful that I would be much calmer. I have learned so much from my first hatch. I have learned so much from reading all the threads.
bow.gif

I'm not calmer...I'm still checking the bator.
barnie.gif
Constantly. My two year old and I were clucking and crowing at them earlier!
D.gif
I'm so excited that I am loosing track of time and was upset that they didn't hatch today! Well, they aren't due until tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course they aren't hatching!
he.gif

If anyone read my little reminder about Mother Nature and leaving things to be what they are...I'll need that reminder! I had 3 out of five hatch out of my first batch...one died and the other wasn't fertil. Good odds.
fl.gif

uggggggggg!

Starting the coffee!
caf.gif
Settling in my front row bator chair...watching!
ep.gif

Nothing.
th.gif

Calling all support systems!
woot.gif
Hatch with me!
pop.gif

Quote:
Oh! Bless your heart!
hugs.gif

I have a batch of Sebright eggs I've been collecting. They are waiting in the "wings" to hatch next. Very excited for those!
celebrate.gif

Why do we do this to ourselves?!?!
caf.gif

No Pips

No Peeps

No cracks

No rocking

No Nothing...
barnie.gif

Day 21 starts at 10:15am...
pop.gif

Starting 2nd pot of coffee!
caf.gif

I have WLH mix, Light Brahma mix, RIR mix. I say mix because the hens we bought were out with different roos and we took a chance that they were fertil still when we brought them home. We collected and held there eggs for the first three days in hopes we could hatch some.

Still waiting!
th.gif

frow.gif

I thought building fancy coops/runs, getting more and more chickens, naming them and spending hours on BYC was the obsession ...
idunno.gif

But....NOW I see that the real addiction is in the hatching....
bow.gif
AHA. Aha...now I am beginning to understand......
jumpy.gif

Ebays not bad, I purchased my Genesis on ebay. Genesis's are spendy, but it eliminates so many of the beginner problems with temperature control.

Good luck on the hatch there SouthernEggs

Back
Top Bottom