Grain Fed Rant

Now I'm mad, too!
somad.gif
OldGal came home with a "gourmet" box that says on the label in big, bold letters:

MILK CHOCOLATE
ALMONDS

While munching on them I noticed that some didn't taste quite like almonds. Upon inspecting the label, after the obligatory small font, five lines of "Nutrition Facts" and three lines of "Ingredients" and yet another line labeled, "Contains:" the whole text of which read, "Almonds, Milk & Soy" I found this line:

May Contain: Peanuts, Other
Tree Nuts, Wheat & Eggs.

While I was reasonably convinced that my taste buds weren't that poorly calibrated, I took several of the smaller candies and washed the chocolate off and, just as I expected found peanuts. Thank the creator, that I'm not allergic.

I have done my best to faithfully represent the relative size and appearance of the fonts involved. I don't like being ripped off. They will be hearing from me when their district office opens Monday morning!
smack.gif
I agree if it where 2-5 small candies in a really large bag that where not almonds I would be okay with that because at that point their wording would tell me I got the first bag of stuff when they started the almonds run and in a 24/7 running factory a few pieces making a mistake would be acceptiable, but not many.

Guess I should have mentioned that 25% of the sample that I washed the chocolate off of were peanuts. In my opinion, that's well beyond the "May Contain" category.

I felt as much other wise you wouldn't have gotten mad, but as I said IMHO it should have been 2-5 pieces out of 40-50 pieces if you know what I mean. In essemce hey we know there might be a few screw ups but not many.....

perhaps they used the wrong term because they where confused with the true meanings, they more than likely meant fed and cared for in a more healthy manner for the animal and consumer while not technaccaly organic, at least a more natural manner.
Sometimes that is the case. Sometimes it's not the case.

The woman that was confused thought "organic" just meant "grass-fed." I realize that some folks are confused as to the use of the term "organic" which is why I wrote a blog post about it. A guy that was toting his farm as an "organic" farm had no idea that there were rules and inspections and testing that had to occur before becoming organic certified.

Back
Top Bottom