O - R - P - I - N - G - T - O - N

not orphingtons.
he.gif

to too two there their they're
praying mantis/preying mantis
here hear here're

how do you pronounce jones'
joneses?? as in the jones' house..

desert/dessert the way to remember is dessert is good food and you would like an extra one,,,,,,hence the two s's.... (s's)??
lau.gif

what really bugs me are news reporters and the like, who make their living with the English language, who use bad grammar and mispronounce words..

I was not the best English student in school, but I did learn something..

OMG!!!
5 NEWS "...The director of the local LAIBARY said...."

That drives me absolutely nutz.

My sister would use "Anther" for "Other".

I tried to explain an "Anther" is part of a flower. She ain't too sharp anyway.

"But since in such a thought more than simply the faculty of thought, the understanding, is brought into play, and since this faculty itself, as a faculty of knowledge that is meant to relate to objects, calls for explanation in regard to the possibility of such relation, we must first of all consider, not in their empiricle, but in their trancendental constitution, the subjective sources which form the a priori foundation of the possibility of experience"

If I feel, in my professional judgment, that the question is going to be misinterpreted or answered incorrectly or caught in a support loop with the helpdesk because there are mitigating circumstances that we are aware of, but is hard for a campus wide helpdesk having to answer (by necessity) in a generic fashion to understand, then we aren't going through the helpdesk, or sending users to it.

Back
Top Bottom