Grand Blanc township zoning laws please help

shondierose

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2015
I ask if there were any ordinances on raising chickens in my area. She said, "Yes, you must have 10 acres". I groaned. She told me that she knows of people who do raise chickens on less than 10 acres, but that I would have to go through the Michigan Right to Farm Act. I told her that I live on just under an acre and ask her if she knew of anyone else on less than an acre doing this. She said she knows of a woman who lives in a subdivision and has less property than I do and raises chickens. The key is to go through Michigan Right to Farm Act. How would I go about doing this? Is there someone to contact? We would really like to be able to have some chickens. We are in the Grand Blanc Township in Michigan. Thanks I have 14 days before I have to get rid of them

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.:D

Definitely check out the link attached above. I wish I could offer more insight but, being a Coloradoan, I am clueless. :/

But, nevertheless, welcome to the flock!

Definitely post on your state thread. The Michigan folks are very nice & and helpful. They would know more about the ins and outs of getting approval for a flock.

I ask if there were any ordinances on raising chickens in my area. She said, "Yes, you must have 10 acres". I groaned. She told me that she knows of people who do raise chickens on less than 10 acres, but that I would have to go through the Michigan Right to Farm Act. I told her that I live on just under an acre and ask her if she knew of anyone else on less than an acre doing this. She said she knows of a woman who lives in a subdivision and has less property than I do and raises chickens. The key is to go through Michigan Right to Farm Act. How would I go about doing this? Is there someone to contact? We would really like to be able to have some chickens. We are in the Grand Blanc Township in Michigan. Thanks I have 14 days before I have to get rid of them
I know its been 2 yrs since your question. But did u get it resolved cuz my wife and i had chicken for a yr and a 1/2. I was told by gbtwp pay $4000 amd that doesnt mean i could keep them. So we got rid of mu kids pet chickens. I want to try to get some more without trouble from the twp.

I know its been 2 yrs since your question. But did u get it resolved cuz my wife and i had chicken for a yr and a 1/2. I was told by gbtwp pay $4000 amd that doesnt mean i could keep them. So we got rid of mu kids pet chickens. I want to try to get some more without trouble from the twp.
I know this was asked long ago. I live in GBTWP and that 10 acre law is for raising farm dairy and poultry. There is nothing on the documents for domesticated farm animals. I’m getting ready to purchase some this year.

I know this was asked long ago. I live in GBTWP and that 10 acre law is for raising farm dairy and poultry. There is nothing on the documents for domesticated farm animals like chickens. I’m getting ready to purchase some this year.

What was cited for $4000?

Back
Top Bottom