Grandmothers Table

How MUCH $$ do you want for the table?

(just kidding, of course!)

a NICE STORY...............I would have liked to have eaten at that table with your Grandmother. It sounds like a wonderful way to have a fine digestive experience......and enjoy life and fine folks!
clap.gif

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Incidentally,

I once took my wife and my Mother to a fine outdoor BBQ place near Phoenix. While we were there a woman admired my Mother's handmade "Chimayo" woolen coat, given to her by her late husband (my Father). She tried to BUY it in the Restaurant!

My Mother, a normally quiet Christian Lady, laid the "offerer" very low with just a few chosen words. (no profanity.) I was amazed that she was capable of THAT !!!

Ha-Ha !!! (It still makes me laugh!)
-Junkmanme-
old.gif

What a wonderful story. YOur description of me makes me feel as if I had known her all my life. What a great day to have an old memory back to you. Thank you for blessing me with this story.

What a cool story--thank you so much for sharing it. I hope you will also share a photo of the table, once it is again in your possesion
smile.png

And it is home! A little worse for wear than I last saw it. After all it has been 20 years. It is still structually solid. But no less loved! We are pooped!

Thank you for your kind words and well wishes. And junkmanme you are correct, a million dollars wouldn't buy it. LOL

I have a dining table that my late wife bought at a "Thrift Store" (a quality piece). She brought it home...I did some "structural repairs", she refinished it. A wonderful and attractive, useful, antique. Mostly labor invested.

Stuff like THAT is what makes a "house" into a "home".

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Enjoy that precious table, I too have wonderful memories of my NaNa's meals and was fortunate to be the only grand daughter out of 8 grandchildren, I have many of her belongings, which I am slowly sharing with many of the the great grandchildren now. I pass on each item with a story about our wonderful NaNa. Im sure the trip was worth it.

so nice for you to have your table and all its memories it will bring you, including the 20 years you gave to your cousin to enjoy it. Sounds like a lot of love and kindness was seen round it.

Back
Top Bottom