1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Granny New Egg

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by vintageozarks, Dec 30, 2011.

1. My forum status says I'm a new egg but I've been here quite awhile. I am still a new egg because I haven't made that many posts. My heart swells with love whenever I am near chickens or see chickens or even see a picture of a chicken. But as any chicken person knows, when you lose a chicken to a predictor or to circumstances, heartbreak follows. It wasn't very long after I joined BYC forum that I went through that heartbreak and until now, it was too painful to visit this forum.

But we are now trying to build our next chicken coop so we can get chickens this spring. I had Bantams before. such sweet little chickens and so smart. I could watch them for hours and enjoy every minute of it. This time I want to try some different breeds. P. Allen Smith has a favorite chicken which he adores and it was black and white mottled looking. Not sure of its breed. I want good egg layers this time so I may go with Rhode Island Reds. I am getting very excited and my husband says I am finally starting to enjoy life again, even laughing once in a while. Which is true. I have missed having chickens -- hearing their gentle clucking, watching their beautiful shapes move around the yard, visiting them during the day and saying goodnight to them each evening.

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi, glad you joined in [​IMG]

3. ghillie

ghillie Hen Pecked

Nov 13, 2008
    Colorado Springs, Co
    [​IMG]

4. CheerioLounge

CheerioLounge Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    California High Desert
    [​IMG] from Twentynine Palms in the California high desert!

5. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio

6. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Happy to have you aboard!

[​IMG]

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Glad your joining in with the posts. I was quiet the first few years as well.

8. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    [​IMG] back, from Long Island!

9. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from Washington State glad you joined us!
    I feel the same way you do about chickens, I just hate when our hearts have to break!

10. gamelife

gamelife Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2011
    California
    Once a chicken person, always a chicken person. Glad to hear from you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by