1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Granny's gone and done it again

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Oct 12, 2016.

1. h2oratt

h2oratt Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2015
    Morada, california

1 person likes this.
  2. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Don't think it would work for dogs. They see similarly to what those people do, but dogs are missing a certain kind of color receptors. For the people, they have the receptors, they just don't work properly. The glasses correct that.

It's after midnight. Are you starting to get orange and pumpkin-ey?

3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    That is amazing h20, and that was 10 yr. old sperm ? Did you pay for storage all that time ? They are very cute. I watched a couple videos. is that your DH ? The 3 week pup with the white muzzle was a favorite. Looked like he stuck his nose in a bag of flour. LOL

4. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    yes, I am sleepy. I am going to slip off. Im glad you had a good day.

Night all.

5. WPFarmstead

WPFarmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2016
    North Idaho

They're iridescent black, so they can show back, green, blue or even purple in different lighting. I love them. They also lay black/grey/off white eggs, depending on how well bred they are and where at in the season. It also looks like they are beak sexable at birth (at least mine).

I've checked into them a few times. My husband is red/green colorblind, which is the most common. He manages, but his issues are less that he can't see the color and more that solid colors look like they are static-y, sorta like when the TV goes on the fritz and many colors of darker green do look grey.

6. h2oratt

May 3, 2015
    Morada, california

Yes, it costs 100 dollars a year to store. Thank you . Their eyes should open soon. Yes that's my hubby. Luckily he loves the dogs a lot.

Bag of flour. Yep that's what it looks like.

7. h2oratt

May 3, 2015
    Morada, california
    [​IMG]

Ok here is the coop I had made. He took pictures and posted them on Craig's list.

2 people like this.
  8. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Goodnight granny!

Cool coop h2o!

WP, the glasses really make a difference for some. One thing I saw said that the longer someone wears the glasses, the better they are able to discern colors when not wearing them. Brain rewires itself! Uber geeky science coolness!

1 person likes this.
  9. jane s chickens

jane s chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2014
    Alabama
    Raining here. I am thankful for every drop. Haven t been down to ggarden for a week. Hope the new row of greens i planted comes up. Knee is much better this am & so is my upset stomach. Ate leftover spaghetti for bfast. Thats how hungry i was. Got 5 eggs yesterday from 20 hens.

10. jane s chickens

jane s chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2014
    Alabama
    Everyone sleeping late on Sunday morning? Mike P. Is so good at explaining their agenda.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by