Granny's gone and done it again

400 posts behind, still no doelings. New dryer bought, transported, & installed by dh & self. Getting ready to try it out as soon as dh clothes finish washing. Dd's friend was so excited about eggs. I gave her 37 eggs & let her use my incubate & turner. They got here before daylight & her dh used a flashlight to look at my chickens.
Sounds like a good day, Jane! Fun that she is so excited. Wait until the eggs hatch, she'll be over the moon!
Tell your pretty nanny to get a move on... we are WAITING!

We do get a lot of wild birds here including quail and turkeys, ducks, geese, and the typical back yard feeder birds. Also Bald Eagles, Hawks, Vultures, and Owls. I found a dead robin in my garden the other day, idk why it died but i buried it. Everything was too wet to burn at that point.
Same here, but no eagles. I was worried about dead birds when we had the avian flu scare. They wanted anything you found to be bagged and turned in for testing. Glad all that is over.

Some thrift stores around here are so poorly layed out you can hardly even walk through them, much less look through all the junk piled up
It's like a treasure hunt! haha Gets a little overwhelming sometimes. My younger son found a whole flatware set in very good shape, including serving pieces and butter knives. He was so excited! I asked him why in the world he wanted a flatware set... he said so I'll be all ready to move out. :hit He was 13 or 14 at the time.

400 posts behind, still no doelings. New dryer bought, transported, & installed by dh & self. Getting ready to try it out as soon as dh clothes finish washing. Dd's friend was so excited about eggs. I gave her 37 eggs & let her use my incubate & turner. They got here before daylight & her dh used a flashlight to look at my chickens.
You may never see your incubator again. I lost one that way.
Hope your goat hurries up already!

I would love to get my paws on that hen Alley . I would make her a pet.
She laid like 3 eggs over a week ago and nothing since. None was fertile even though I have boys mating her! She’s about on my last nerve lol

So i went out to check the animals and close up for the night. Solo is sitting on the ramp, very close to the 60 watt bug light. She looks quite comfy.
And another Speckled Sussex pullet is dead. So i have 3 birds left of 12 i started with. Can i please catch a break?
:hugswas she showing any signs or just drop?

Good-Morning-Hope-Everyone-Has-A-Beautiful-Sunday.jpg

Back
Top Bottom