Granny's gone and done it again

Ohh I remember now Alley. Sorry. You cant very well give vitamins to someone elses flock.
I dont know much about it but I dont like giving mine vinegar. I read peeps that give it every day and wonder why they have shell less eggs.
I only did a bit but didn’t see any difference in the birds.

Morning, Been up since 5 eastern. it is raining and I am watching the weather to see when the best time to go out will be. Just hoping it does not rain all day. I really need to get the one hoop coop finished so I can get onto the next one. Will have to pick up more welded wire for the hoop coops. Plus I have to build a rabbit hutch or twenty.
Husband was supposed to be home today. He is not going to be home before Saturday. I am not happy about it, but not much I can do. And if I am calculating correctly Bob won't be home until Sunday. I am a bit annoyed. Which means I will not get all the stuff done I wanted to get done for the holidays.
The youngest turns 10 yrs old next week. He is so excited because he can finally go out on the truck with Bob. The company has a policy of must be 10 yrs of age. Little man has been counting the days. He has had his bag packed since Thanksgiving. He is just way too excited. Daughter is not so excited as she does not get to go on the truck with Bob after this trip. She has to learn to get along with her brothers.
She gets to have daily cooking lessons. And some other life skills so she can manage to live in the world in a few years. Well, I wrote a book and need to get the boys up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why. What is the difference? I want to get a stand mixer this year. There are so many different types of kitchen aids.

The attachments don’t reach the edge of the bowl so I have to constantly stop and scrape the sides. My big industrial mixer doesn’t do that, I rarely have to scrape it down. On the big one I use the dough hook for everything, I don’t ever use the whisk or paddle. But on the small mixer the dough hook is about pointless. But the whisk gets gummed up. It’s just really not that great. It’s a kitchenaid.

Morning, Been up since 5 eastern. it is raining and I am watching the weather to see when the best time to go out will be. Just hoping it does not rain all day. I really need to get the one hoop coop finished so I can get onto the next one. Will have to pick up more welded wire for the hoop coops. Plus I have to build a rabbit hutch or twenty.
Husband was supposed to be home today. He is not going to be home before Saturday. I am not happy about it, but not much I can do. And if I am calculating correctly Bob won't be home until Sunday. I am a bit annoyed. Which means I will not get all the stuff done I wanted to get done for the holidays.
The youngest turns 10 yrs old next week. He is so excited because he can finally go out on the truck with Bob. The company has a policy of must be 10 yrs of age. Little man has been counting the days. He has had his bag packed since Thanksgiving. He is just way too excited. Daughter is not so excited as she does not get to go on the truck with Bob after this trip. She has to learn to get along with her brothers.
She gets to have daily cooking lessons. And some other life skills so she can manage to live in the world in a few years. Well, I wrote a book and need to get the boys up.
You sound like me with all the building. How many children do you have? I have 2 boys.

How is your arm/ elbow doing? Good I guess if you are chomping on the bit to get busy.

The attachments don’t reach the edge of the bowl so I have to constantly stop and scrape the sides. My big industrial mixer doesn’t do that, I rarely have to scrape it down. On the big one I use the dough hook for everything, I don’t ever use the whisk or paddle. But on the small mixer the dough hook is about pointless. But the whisk gets gummed up. It’s just really not that great. It’s a kitchenaid.
What model? There are so many?

You sound like me with all the building. How many children do you have? I have 2 boys.

6. 5 boys 1 girl. Yeah, I am a glutton for punishment. I have plans to build a total of 10 hoop coops. This one is the first I did solo. Husband encourages me and does not care if I spend all the extras money to get supplies because when I build I have the kids physically helping. He is too OCD about things to let them help much.
We are also enclosing the poultry area with a pallet fence so that I can attempt to keep the birds from leaving our farm for the field across the road.

Back
Top Bottom