Granny's gone and done it again

I will never understand all this stuff.

lol, You don't really need to. I normally use whole fresh milk. Local raw goats milk to be exact. I use the fresh milk in place of any other dairy ingredient and it always seems to work just fine for me. Making whipped cream would be an exception to the rule. You would need to separate the fresh milk and skim the fattiest part off the top. That's basically what Heavy Whipping Cream is.

lol, You don't really need to. I normally use whole fresh milk. Local raw goats milk to be exact. I use the fresh milk in place of any other dairy ingredient and it always seems to work just fine for me. Making whipped cream would be an exception to the rule. You would need to separate the fresh milk and skim the fattiest part off the top. That's basically what Heavy Whipping Cream is.
If you keep whipping it, you get butter! 😊

Yep, if you churn heavy cream for long enough, you get butter! Back in the olden days it wasn't uncommon to see people put a bit of butter in their coffee if they ran out of cream. It's not the same as the stuff you get from the grocery now though, lol. It doesn't really work like the fresh stuff does. I remember watching my old Papa doing that and thinking it was disgusting. LOL

Back
Top Bottom