Granny's gone and done it again

Yes, but there are social conventions to which the majority subscribe and adhere to. And then there's these guys. Examples: when checking out at the grocery store, the clerk says, heve a nice day. Most respond, Thanks, you too. My DH, if he responds at all, says, Yes. Whenever anyone says Thank you to him for any reason, he responds, Yes. Not, You're welcome. When meeting new people or welcoming guests, he does not shake hands unless I prompt him to. It just doesn't occur to him. He stands in the middle of a grocery aisle and does not notice he is blocking traffic. I could go on. He is just not aware of people around him or his place in space. He does not wear a jacket even if it is pouring rain. He does not wipe sweat off even if he is dripping. Some people think he is retarded or "backward," but he is brilliant, kind and generous. He just operates on a different plane than "normal."
Sounds dangerous, it s a good thing he has you to help him out.

Sounds dangerous, it s a good thing he has you to help him out.
Nah, he does fine. But we do make a good team. I think his mind is just so busy processing that he's just a little out of step with the real world. He watches out for me, too though. I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on!

Good night. ❤

Back
Top Bottom