Granny's gone and done it again

when Ster was younger I was teaching her to help me round up the chickens and guineas for the night. She was doing great . I would go left and she would go right circling them til one day a hen decided she wasnt going in and took off around the front of the house and Star went after her and brought her back in her mouth. I stopped training after that. She didnt hurt the hen but she wouldnt listen to my command of drop it.

when Ster was younger I was teaching her to help me round up the chickens and guineas for the night. She was doing great . I would go left and she would go right circling them til one day a hen decided she wasnt going in and took off around the front of the house and Star went after her and brought her back in her mouth. I stopped training after that. She didnt hurt the hen but she wouldnt listen to my command of drop it.
Oops! I had to convince my Golden it was okay to take a pigeon in his mouth (he knew he was not allowed to bother the chickens), and it was like a light bulb went off in his head, saying THIS is what I was born for! He carried it around, so proud, and then took it back to the loft. He didn't want to give it to me but he did know Drop It and set it down on command. He was so happy! I was prepping him to go duck hunting with a friend of my son's. But I forgot to accustom him to the sound of guns so it was a total wash. Lol.

Oops! I had to convince my Golden it was okay to take a pigeon in his mouth (he knew he was not allowed to bother the chickens), and it was like a light bulb went off in his head, saying THIS is what I was born for! He carried it around, so proud, and then took it back to the loft. He didn't want to give it to me but he did know Drop It and set it down on command. He was so happy! I was prepping him to go duck hunting with a friend of my son's. But I forgot to accustom him to the sound of guns so it was a total wash. Lol.
cockers have a soft mouth so I think I just got lucky the hen didnt get hurt. Bandit ignored them totally.

I also use it with butter when cooking, but not at high temps. Like for cooking an egg. Mixing it with butter gives the food a good flavor. Or like cooking onions, celery and carrots for a soup or stew. Yum!

I also use it with butter when cooking, but not at high temps. Like for cooking an egg. Mixing it with butter gives the food a good flavor. Or like cooking onions, celery and carrots for a soup or stew. Yum!
I tasted it for the first time in some crackers and fell in love with the flavor.

Back
Top Bottom