Granny's gone and done it again

yes but not as bad as yesterday. Thanks for asking.
The dr said she will probably increase my pills if I have surgery for short term and maybe cut the dose after I heal because I shouldnt be in as much pain if they fix my legs
I hope it helps with the pain!

I did not know pain was a side effect from blockage. I thought just that numb feeling.
My Grandpa had leg pains with his heart disease. It is fairly common. He also had bypass surgery and the graft came from a vein in his leg.

Howdy all, More house problems Bathroom sink faucet is leaking and according to Kevin its one piece with the sink. Wont surprise me if it is.
I slept a marathon 12 hrs .
1634843759630.png

Last edited:
Ughhh so dad’ surgery was scheduled to be 8-noonish (bear in mind they’re eastern time so three hours ahead of ca time)

it’s now 10:23/1:23 and I haven’t heard anything from my mom yet. Antsy does not even begin to describe it. Sibling and I were sending gifs while she was on a work break.
Thinks like this are never on time. They were maybe late taking him back. You never said what kind of surgery?

Thinks like this are never on time. They were maybe late taking him back. You never said what kind of surgery?
He had some cancer in his colon so he’s getting part of his colon gone and they also took out some lymph nodes to biopsy just in case. He’s in recovery now - been there a while but since the surgery was a bit more intensive than best case scenario they’re probably going to keep him there a bit before shuffling him off to a room.
The update from my mom:

“The surgery lasted about 4 hours, and he had to use the bigger incision approach, so this was not a laparoscopic surgery. The offending polyp, surrounding colon and all the lymph nodes came out OK. I am assuming that he doesn't have a stoma or "bag" since it wasn't mentioned in the phone briefing I received - it was a remote possibility. Dr said there is still a lot of inflammation and adhesions from his infection from the perforation after his second colonoscopy. It will take one to two weeks to get the biopsy report back from the lymph nodes that were removed. He will be seeing the oncology team, which would indicate that he will be undergoing chemotherapy.
Right now, doc said utmost importance is for him to heal from this surgery and to once again gain his strength back. The chemo will knock him back, but it'll give a better outcome, if the biopsies and the oncology folks deem it necessary.
Time in hospital for a laparoscopic bowel resection is estimated at about 4 days. Since he had the big incision, probably due to inflammation and adhesions being present, he will be in hospital for longer - perhaps a week...”

Cancer, we all know what to say about that . Just cant say it here. Star, colon cancer is hereditary . Make sure your dr knows that. :hugs
It runs strong in my family, I have lost many and have had pre cancerous polyps removed myself. thats the key, get tested and get them out early.

Back
Top Bottom