Granny's gone and done it again

It says bacon. Bison bacon?

I am thinking "they" used bacon fat to form /hold the jerky and cranberries together SORT of like pemmican

tradiationally, the specific ingredients used for pemmican were usually whatever was available. The dried meat is often in the form of large game meat such as bison, deer, elk, or moose, but the use of fish such as salmon, and smaller game such as duck, is not uncommon.[8][9] The meats used in contemporary pemmican also include beef. Dried fruit, such as cranberries and Saskatoon berries sometimes are added. Blueberries, cherries, chokeberries, and currants are also used, but in some regions, these fruits are used almost exclusively in ceremonial and wedding pemmican.[10] The additional use of sugar was noted in the journals of European fur traders.[8] These ingredients are mixed together with rendered animal fat (tallow).

I am thinking "they" used bacon fat to form /hold the jerky and cranberries together SORT of like pemmican

tradiationally, the specific ingredients used for pemmican were usually whatever was available. The dried meat is often in the form of large game meat such as bison, deer, elk, or moose, but the use of fish such as salmon, and smaller game such as duck, is not uncommon.[8][9] The meats used in contemporary pemmican also include beef. Dried fruit, such as cranberries and Saskatoon berries sometimes are added. Blueberries, cherries, chokeberries, and currants are also used, but in some regions, these fruits are used almost exclusively in ceremonial and wedding pemmican.[10] The additional use of sugar was noted in the journals of European fur traders.[8] These ingredients are mixed together with rendered animal fat (tallow).
YUmmmmmmmmmmm! Makes my mouth water just reading about it.

1. When you’re 20 and you drop something, you pick it up.
    When you’re over 80 and you drop something, you decide you don’t need it anymore.

OR you drop a few more things in the same area since you're going to be down there anyway. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom