Granny's gone and done it again

Why can’t you afford to move. Can’t you get money out of your property? Housing is high here. It is going up all over the country.
my house payment is very low here. I couldnt afford the high prices they want. I still owe 15 yrs here.

View attachment 3109610
^ Before. Left hand side.
View attachment 3109614
^ Before, right hand side, nests. Way too small, actually. Hens need to stand in order to lay their eggs, nests should be 12" from top to bottom. We did not know this when we built. Also, that window is way too big and I had to block most of it. More work will be done next week.

Below: Changes!

View attachment 3109618

Poop board is 16" wide. Roost is 6" above. This will be changed. Roost will be lowered 3" next week as we realized poop will not land in poop boards, lol!

View attachment 3109624
New nests and unfinished roosts. Had to quit bc a storm moved in. Hens have since used nests, so yay!

View attachment 3109637

So much more room in center of coop! And much easier to clean roosts. Less chance of broken eggs with bigger nests. Roost at back is 3" above poop boards. Other roosts will be the same. Very happy! Coop still needs improved ventilation.
I would be wanting another window so you can let a breeze in when it's very hot.

Back
Top Bottom