Granny's gone and done it again

Ok, remember my tax rebate? Now I get this in the mail! They say I didn't pay my state taxes. Oh yes I did! I have the payment on my phone, and, papers. Trying to get in their number is ridiculous. 26 minutes wait. I hung up, tried again, too long a wait, they say hang up try later. This is maddening. That's a lot of money, they tagged a 450 dollars penalty on there too. Hope they can find it. 😡View attachment 3161713
Oh Cynthia, that's TERRIBLE! :mad::duc Hope you get this resolved ASAP!

Evening all. Haven't been around much. Busy harvesting wood then splitting said harvest. Loads of fun.

Have 8 new bantam chicks that are close to 6 weeks old. 6 young Fayoumis that are 10 weeks old and two surprise eggs that two sneaky hens deposited in my broody's nest before I could get her moved. Yes, I was too big a softy to pitch them. I knew one was from my Alpha Hen, Minnie Mouser who is one of my favorites and the best danged mouser on the property so I wanted to hatch that egg.

I keep threatening the cats that I'm going to put them outside and bring the chicken in to do their job.

Got a 50/50 split pullet to cockerel ratio on both hatches so I'm thrilled. Really wanted more Fayoumi roosters. Got three.

Also working on a diet. Dr gave me one last chance to evade cholesterol drugs by diet. So far I've lost about 15 pounds. Have 5 more to lose...which are going to be the hardest.

Hope y'all are having a great summer and staying healthy
:hugsMICROCHICK!!! Missed you, Gal! Don't be a stranger. Made me LOL about the cats. Welcome home. ❤️

Yes they are all hers biologically.
I don't know the name of the moth, I just thought it was pretty.

I'm sure she was, especially with 14 of them. It could have taken 2 days to hatch them from start to finish. A good hen will not leave the nest until all have hatched that will hatch. She is also a calm hen and is perfectly fine with me handling the chicks.
You're saying she laid all the eggs those chicks came from? Lots of variety there! How many roosters do you have?

Back
Top Bottom