Granny's gone and done it again

that was sweet of you and your son. Wonder if it was hard to catch?
She said they just picked it up. There was a very small patch of feathers missing on it's head, so something might have been after it. It was standing and alert, but puffed a bit. It was raining.

Sis is coming in a few minutes. We are going to look around the shops today.

Pouring right now. Hope it lets up a little. Poor chickens have to find a new hiding place. They used to go under the carport to escape the rain, but that's Pi's domain now. They can always go back to the henhouse... the run is covered. Not much sadder than a drenched hen.

Wow, your chickens all look amazing! Some of mine are still caught in mid-molt and look very frazzled.
Oh trust me. If I had this camera a month ago….a lot of them would look like heck lol. The molt was hard on them!

So goose and I did our walk to the coffee shop today. Stopped by tractor supply on the way home - just wanted to peek at decor and cards….well. I found this.
(Also was tempted by the mugs/wine tumbler sets but don’t need MORE stuff!)

So ended up calling hubs to pick us up since I didn’t feel like lugging that while wrangling Goose for the mile and a bit to get home lol. Now we’re running some automotive errands while goose and I wait in my car.
74AFF0F7-BB04-403A-BD40-8689AE1D6252.jpeg
CAD0EAE7-6B5D-4C82-BC17-3C446DCF1FB9.jpeg
0A7C28DB-338B-46F8-910A-E044D9EC5C54.jpeg 39D105F6-FF7C-45C1-9A08-AF06269A6D7A.jpeg 166A59DE-D3D2-4A86-AE00-AC6410E9BAA9.jpeg

Oh trust me. If I had this camera a month ago….a lot of them would look like heck lol. The molt was hard on them!

So goose and I did our walk to the coffee shop today. Stopped by tractor supply on the way home - just wanted to peek at decor and cards….well. I found this.
(Also was tempted by the mugs/wine tumbler sets but don’t need MORE stuff!)

So ended up calling hubs to pick us up since I didn’t feel like lugging that while wrangling Goose for the mile and a bit to get home lol. Now we’re running some automotive errands while goose and I wait in my car.
View attachment 3340800
View attachment 3340795
View attachment 3340797View attachment 3340794View attachment 3340793
Cute chicken

Made such a yummy soup last night. Cooked a big sweet potato and a butternut squash in a crock pot with just a little water till tender. Scraped out the meat, put in a sauce pan with some chicken stock and cream and a little salt. Blended till smooth with my immersion blender and heated till warm. Oh, had added a Tbsp or so of sauteed chopped onions but it really didn't need it. So yummy! Afraid I was a little intemperate with it, lol.

Made such a yummy soup last night. Cooked a big sweet potato and a butternut squash in a crock pot with just a little water till tender. Scraped out the meat, put in a sauce pan with some chicken stock and cream and a little salt. Blended till smooth with my immersion blender and heated till warm. Oh, had added a Tbsp or so of sauteed chopped onions but it really didn't need it. So yummy! Afraid I was a little intemperate with it, lol.
Sounds yummy.

Back
Top Bottom