Granny's gone and done it again

50 lb bag of BOSS is $35.99! What the heck?
Going rate seems to be $1 per lb here, but I haven't looked around more than a couple of places.
I think it's going to get worse before it gets better.

$36. is terrible you can grow your own much cheaper . Robert needs that bite guard too they want $500 for him here.
Sorry your in pain.
$500! Is it gold plated or something?

$36. is terrible you can grow your own much cheaper . Robert needs that bite guard too they want $500 for him here.
Sorry your in pain.
I think insurance is charged $700 . Being in pain helps make me more sympathetic to others in pain. But not helping me get projects done.

I think insurance is charged $700 . Being in pain helps make me more sympathetic to others in pain. But not helping me get projects done.
Theres not much more worse then a bad tooth ache. Robert has been suffering for a couple weeks now.
Chronic pain tears you up physically and mentally

Last edited:
2 babies searching for MA!
20230605_151528.jpg

Busy day. Have been trying to save an old hen for the past few days. Not really sure what's wrong other than her age, 10 yrs. She eats just enough to give me hope.
Then Pi was coughing and spitting up all afternoon. I think he snarfed something (foxtail) up his nose a couple days ago, and it worked it's way through and stuck in the back of his throat. He's better now. Made him chicken and rice for dinner and that seems to have settled his stomach. Thank goodness.
And #1 found an unwanted visitor right outside, in Pi's part of yard. Very lucky I had him inside to monitor the barfing.
View attachment 3528316
Just a baby, but Pi probably would have gotten bit because everything is a toy to him... although, he was leery of the toad last night, so maybe he'd keep away from a rattler. Maybe.
YIKES! I'm lucky, Goose already wants to keep his distance with noodles. He had an experience when he was a pup and just BOLTED the other direction, all I could do to keep up with him! (hubs of course goes TOWARDS rattlers....). We came across a noodle on the trail the other day - not a dangernoodle, just a regular ol garder noodle...and he was keeping back, so that's positive. I thought about doing rattlesnake avoidance with Peach but wasn't sure how they did it, after seeing a thing how they used shock collars for it....decided nope, couldn't do it to her - she was such a sensitive girl. I think that much force on her would break her.

...Goose, however, if he did show interest in the dangernoodles, I would show no hesitation to signing him up for shock avoidance training.
Baby rattlers are dangerous. They don’t regulate their vemon. They give it all. We have snake prevention class here.
Bitties are now full time in the "grow out" coop. Goose is interested, and likes to startle them from time to time, but hasn't fussed with the coop itself, and is always supervised when he's out there. It's not ideal - but it's a compromise.

He already has a sussex bestie who shows no fear....she's so going to get eaten by a coyote.

Back
Top Bottom