Granny's gone and done it again

Amish Baked Custard is a classic dessert recipe that’s simple, comforting, and delicious. Made with a few basic ingredients, this custard is baked to perfection and topped with a sprinkle of nutmeg.

Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 1-hour Total time: 1 hour and 10 minutes Serves: 4-6

Nutrition Facts (per serving):

Calories: 272
Fat: 11g
Saturated Fat: 6g
Cholesterol: 177mg
Sodium: 119mg
Carbohydrates: 32g
Fiber: 0g
Sugar: 27g
Protein: 10g
Ingredients:

4 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups whole milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Nutmeg, for garnish
Directions:

Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C).

In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together until well combined.

Add the milk and vanilla extract, and stir until everything is combined.

Pour the mixture into a baking dish.

Place the baking dish into a larger baking dish and add enough water to come halfway up the sides of the baking dish.

Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the custard is set.

Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
Sprinkle the top with nutmeg, if desired, and serve.

The Kitchen's Best Recipes
:drool

OH and my yak vet just kills me. He's always right on who is PG BUT NOT so much and who should be calving first. Annie had her little yesterday.

Plan on pouring both the main herd and Curly's group sat. Need to attach some ear tags and 'try" to sex the 3 royal calves. Might even more the 3 late calves from last year over to the Curly group..

OH and my yak vet just kills me. He's always right on who is PG BUT NOT so much and who should be calving first. Annie had her little yesterday.

Plan on pouring both the main herd and Curly's group sat. Need to attach some ear tags and 'try" to sex the 3 royal calves. Might even more the 3 late calves from last year over to the Curly group..
congrats! How many babies does that make this yr?

I'm a light sleeper, so I completely sympathize. I was staying at a coworker's home during Mockingbird mating frenzy... warm nights, you had to keep the window open. Oh my. They started in around 1am and didn't quit until after sunrise. I didn't sleep the whole week.
At least the owls will eat mice. That's a little consolation.
We have whippoorwills. Whipporwill! Whippoorwill! Whippoorwill! All night long. Thank goodness our bedroom is in the basement and we can't hear them, I might have to invest in a shotgun.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom