Granny's gone and done it again

are you home and have all your chicks settled in?
Yes ma'am! The week-olds are in the outside brooder. The hatchlings are in GC's bedroom in a small tote. Some of them are starting to learn to drink. I put marbles in the waterer to entice them. They just hatched last night. Tomorrow I will introduce food. When they are eating and drinking good, I will put them out with the older ones.

They are very sturdy! The breeder says she usually gets 100% hatch rate, which I find amazing. And I didn't lose any on the trip. We stopped and watered the older ones every hour, and I put a little pile of food in the corner of their tote. They did good!

Yes ma'am! The week-olds are in the outside brooder. The hatchlings are in GC's bedroom in a small tote. Some of them are starting to learn to drink. I put marbles in the waterer to entice them. They just hatched last night. Tomorrow I will introduce food. When they are eating and drinking good, I will put them out with the older ones.

They are very sturdy! The breeder says she usually gets 100% hatch rate, which I find amazing. And I didn't lose any on the trip. We stopped and watered the older ones every hour, and I put a little pile of food in the corner of their tote. They did good!
How long did the ride take you?

How long did the ride take you?
We took it slow and easy, stopping often to walk around and stretch our legs yesterday, and to water the chicks every hour today. Google maps put it at a 6-hour trip but it actually took us about 9 hours each way, I'd say, maybe?

We took it slow and easy, stopping often to walk around and stretch our legs yesterday, and to water the chicks every hour today. Google maps put it at a 6-hour trip but it actually took us about 9 hours each way, I'd say, maybe?
thats a long trip! The farthest I went for a chicken was around 1 1/2 hrs one way. I would do it again though

This is Pretty Boy, sire of all the chicks.

1000007189.jpg

Back
Top Bottom