Granny's gone and done it again

I went out at 3 for about 5 minutes and came back in. Then back out at 5 and managed to till about 1/20 of an acre for okra. It had been tilled 3 times already and I will till it even deeper tomorrow morning to get the deep rhizomes of the grass dug out. I still have a month to get it planted but the sooner now the more I'll harvest for the farmers market.

We lost the little blue colored chick that was one of Honey's. It got wet a couple of days ago and we nearly lost it then but Ma's nursing skills got it up and going again like normal. Running and playing with the others. It was much smaller than it's siblings. She found it to late today as it was stone cold when we came back into the house. That leaves 2 boys and 5 girls now. We do have 3 or 4 from Honey we hatched in the incubator a few weeks ago. I really want one of her boys to make a really good roosters like his dad was.

We lost the little blue colored chick that was one of Honey's. It got wet a couple of days ago and we nearly lost it then but Ma's nursing skills got it up and going again like normal. Running and playing with the others. It was much smaller than it's siblings. She found it to late today as it was stone cold when we came back into the house. That leaves 2 boys and 5 girls now. We do have 3 or 4 from Honey we hatched in the incubator a few weeks ago. I really want one of her boys to make a really good roosters like his dad was.
Im sorry to hear that Larry

I went out at 3 for about 5 minutes and came back in. Then back out at 5 and managed to till about 1/20 of an acre for okra. It had been tilled 3 times already and I will till it even deeper tomorrow morning to get the deep rhizomes of the grass dug out. I still have a month to get it planted but the sooner now the more I'll harvest for the farmers market.
Trying to bury a body I see with the okra 🤣

I'm sorry to hear that

Trying to bury a body I see with the okra 🤣
There may already be a few buried around here. That's sad if you know why. There was a house here some decades back that burned to the ground from what the mail carrier told us. I think that is who told us. One of the locals with a lot of knowledge of the area. Okra would kill some people if they had to pick it. I love to pick it because I grows tall and after the first couple of pickings there is no bending. Fresh fried okra is one of my treats. I eat it any way it is served except raw. I'd eat it raw before eating sushi or raw oysters. :)

There may already be a few buried around here. That's sad if you know why. There was a house here some decades back that burned to the ground from what the mail carrier told us. I think that is who told us. One of the locals with a lot of knowledge of the area. Okra would kill some people if they had to pick it. I love to pick it because I grows tall and after the first couple of pickings there is no bending. Fresh fried okra is one of my treats. I eat it any way it is served except raw. I'd eat it raw before eating sushi or raw oysters. :)
Those poor poor oysters and sushi....

About the okra. I was able to get some of the old fashioned cowhorn okra to try here. It will remain tender to a much larger size. I just don't know if the yield is as good as Clemson Spineless. When okra gets to tall to pick you can cut it off knee high and it will grow and produce until a winter freeze kills it. I think some eggplants will do that too. That's just a tidbit of memory that bounces around in the head bone.

Back
Top Bottom