Granny's gone and done it again

Or you can go to school in Canada, they don't care about those standardized tests at all, cheaper too.
They do care about grades though and not sure about how they would handle American homeschooled....also out of country tuition is more expensive than Canadian residents pay. (Though still may be cheaper than us universities)

These days 4 yrs colleges need ACT scores, they don't look at SATs so much anymore, just opposite from when I went to college. A technical college or junior college (2 yr degree schools) don't require ACT scores, just GED or high school transcripts. They might have an entrance exam to see where to place you in classes.
My son's a freshman so we just went through this and indeed, it's a brave new world. Every school he looked at required an an entrance exam and all still accepted both ACT and SAT. He looked mostly at land grant universities with good engineering programs, and they seemed to rely heavily on the tests for entrance, no personal essays. (Lucky for us because his test scores were much better than his grades and he got a tuition scholarship- happy days!) Maybe the more liberal arts colleges or private universities are beginning to phase out the tests. We had heard that was the trend and were surprised how prominent they were in the application process. He chose to take ACT, liked the format better. Fortunately his school had the kids take samples of both exams so they could pick the one that suited them.

Now I want one, I'm hiding the fact I have chickens, maybe I can tell the city it's a new breed of dog? 🤣
People around here are notorious enablers! You might have to move out of the city. :D

I went to Bears furniture store. Guy said can I help you ? I said Ya. I want $1000.00 chair for a couple hundred bucks. He laughed at me... He said if we had that I would buy one too. Pammy always gets what she wants. Just saying.. We sat down and I found a chair I liked but it was over $400.00 I said, I happen to know you have a back room here that carries used furniture. He says but we dont have any recliners right now. We just get them in sometimes. I said, There is a woman on FB that we both know, maybe you a little better then me...With one eyebrow raised.. Hahaha Must of struck a nerve because the next words out of his mouth was Jerry, Come take this woman out back and show her the recliners. He had about 8 different ones and I got a big mans (not huge) rocking recliner . The material is almost like crushed velvet but its black. It is a little dirty from being out there I guess but very comfy. Reg. $800.00 for $150.00 No tax.
I told Tom watch now we will hear from SS and we did but it was good news I guess. Depends on how you look at it.
:lau only you! :highfive:

Runt, I feel like Im drunk. LOL I couldnt get any more relaxed . This has been a very long time coming
:wee
You and Twist with your sucker chairs. Don't drool on your laptop!

How are you today Jacob? Are your baby guinea pigs ugly ?
No! Baby guinea pigs are adorable. Full fur coat and eyes open... look like mini versions of the adults. They are actually rather large babies. I couldn't believe 3 fit in my little mama piggy.

Back
Top Bottom