Granny's gone and done it again

All are welcome. :hugs

We’re now living in “Texarkana” in a region some people call “east Dallas.” They make their jambalaya from a box mix. 😳

It’s not a historical or civil war thing. Just an imaginary divide. In southwest Louisiana my kids got a week off school for Mardi Gras. I don’t think they’ll get a single day where we live now. There are 3-4 areas of the state with (to us) vastly different cultures. We live up in the bland part now.
That's fascinating. I sure hope you will like living in the bland area. I'm sure you can find some fun things to do there. But, nothing will compare to Mardi Gras. That's kind of over the top celebration, rivaled only by Rio de Janeiro. :D

I was thinking about all the jobs I have had in my life. It's a long list. I did babysitting first, then worked at the fair in summertime. I made and sold pizza, snow cones, cotton candy and fries. Worked as a waitress in an Italian restaurant, a bus girl in the hotel dining room, made and served doughnuts in a cafe. Worked in a pet shop( loved it) . Later worked in another pet shop. I knew more about pets than the manager. My husband had a couple mattress stores. I set up a picture framing business in the back. We both graduated from University. We started a chain of pet stores in Canada, where we were living at the time. We packaged seed , feed and shavings to sell in the stores. We ended up having malls call us and request a store , since we kept them clean. We sold everything and moved to Florida in 1992. So that is where the kids grew up. I worked in a hardware store there. Hubby didn't have a green card , so he watched the kids. Later he worked in a mattress store. Eventually he got into banking and ended up as the manager. I took nursing courses and became an LPN. I love to learn!

I was thinking about all the jobs I have had in my life. It's a long list. I did babysitting first, then worked at the fair in summertime. I made and sold pizza, snow cones, cotton candy and fries. Worked as a waitress in an Italian restaurant, a bus girl in the hotel dining room, made and served doughnuts in a cafe. Worked in a pet shop( loved it) . Later worked in another pet shop. I knew more about pets than the manager. My husband had a couple mattress stores. I set up a picture framing business in the back. We both graduated from University. We started a chain of pet stores in Canada, where we were living at the time. We packaged seed , feed and shavings to sell in the stores. We ended up having malls call us and request a store , since we kept them clean. We sold everything and moved to Florida in 1992. So that is where the kids grew up. I worked in a hardware store there. Hubby didn't have a green card , so he watched the kids. Later he worked in a mattress store. Eventually he got into banking and ended up as the manager. I took nursing courses and became an LPN. I love to learn!
What an interesting life! Are you retired now, or working as a nurse? Why did you move to Virginia from Florida?

Oh, and then we moved to TN and I became a goat and chicken farmer. We had 100 goats at one point. I pretty much did my own vet work. Ended up moving back to FL because parents needed help. That was an awful part of my life, my Dad died the day our moving truck came. Then later my favorite Aunt died. She had no spouse or children so I ended up taking care of everything. My Mom has dementia so I had to take care of getting rid of tons of stuff.
Once we got that all settled, we searched for a place on the river to retire. Drove 1000s of miles and searched 5 states. Finally settled in Virginia. We love it here.

What an interesting life! Are you retired now, or working as a nurse? Why did you move to Virginia from Florida?
I retired after the doctors I worked for fired me for filling an Rx for bp meds for a lady who worked with us who had an appointment to become a new patient. I was heartbroken because I worked so hard for 10 years, often there after everyone but the janitor left. I started working in the hospital after I graduated, in the post OP women's ward. Got a lot of experience there over the years. I also worked in mother baby and NICU at another hospital.

Oh, and then we moved to TN and I became a goat and chicken farmer. We had 100 goats at one point. I pretty much did my own vet work. Ended up moving back to FL because parents needed help. That was an awful part of my life, my Dad died the day our moving truck came. Then later my favorite Aunt died. She had no spouse or children so I ended up taking care of everything. My Mom has dementia so I had to take care of getting rid of tons of stuff.
Once we got that all settled, we searched for a place on the river to retire. Drove 1000s of miles and searched 5 states. Finally settled in Virginia. We love it here.
Everyone should retire on a river!!! We did that too! It's a peaceful life!

Sorry new cluckers my life story will wait until things settle down...maybe March lol.
Hi all I miss y’all! Got one more tax form to figure out and then that’s it for due on the 31st. Luckily I have all of February to get the ACA forms tackled. Oi. Need clones. Year end/first quarter sucks for me.

hubs heads out Friday for king of the hammers - we’re doing a Costco run tomorrow night. Told him I absolutely was not provisioning him without his input cause this was HIS trip.

falling apart wrist and back are acting up - and did personal taxes last night and we owe so....ugh. Thanks trump. And newsom...

Back
Top Bottom