Granny's gone and done it again

I candled my older eggs tonight. I have 2 with small air cells. They are the same size and color as the rest. I moved them from the middle to the corner. Eggs are due on Easter, I don't think they'll be ready. Rest are looking good and have even grown bigger A/C since I marked them yesterday.
Did you notice if they are less pour us then the others ?

Nice looking bators . What kind of chickens do you have ? Do you keep all those ?

I actually keep a small mixed flock on my property (anywhere from 10-20 hens) but I have some really awesome local friends with beautiful breeding flocks that I get most of my eggs from. My daughter and I really enjoy hatching them ourselves, it keeps my flock much safer from outside contamination, so we keep a few chicks and sell the rest. It works out well for us. :)

I actually keep a small mixed flock on my property (anywhere from 10-20 hens) but I have some really awesome local friends with beautiful breeding flocks that I get most of my eggs from. My daughter and I really enjoy hatching them ourselves, it keeps my flock much safer from outside contamination, so we keep a few chicks and sell the rest. It works out well for us. :)
that is sweet. My son hated chickens.

What kind of incubators or what kind of eggs? lol

I narrowed my incubators down to 3 Nurture Right 360s and an IncuView. I've also used Brinsea Mini II Advance, Hovabator, Farm Innovators, Little Giant, and a Chinabator...I think that's all of them, lol. Yes, I know I have a problem. :lau BUT! I did give away or sell the rest of them so I'm not hoarding a large number of incubators anywhere...well other than the 4 I'm using. :lol:

For those that are OCD, I did fix this line up so that the IncuView is on the end and the NR360s are side by side. lol

View attachment 2073200
What did you think of the Chinabator?

I candled my older eggs tonight. I have 2 with small air cells. They are the same size and color as the rest. I moved them from the middle to the corner. Eggs are due on Easter, I don't think they'll be ready. Rest are looking good and have even grown bigger A/C since I marked them yesterday.
Alley , you have a ton of eggs cooking too right ? Over 100?

Back
Top Bottom