Granny's gone and done it again

There are several on different threads. @microchick is a nurse I believe.

Yep, graduated in 1975, worked specialty nursing, OB labor/delivery/nursery and geriatric/rehab nursing. Retired in 2014. The last 7 years of my career was spent working what was my plum job, working with my eye doc husband in his office as nurse/manager.

Good morning everyone! Wakey Wakey Ham and Bakey!

Final count is 9.
20200702_221519.jpg

And then a few pics of my juveniles 😊 hoping for all girls
20200703_082215.jpg
20200703_091500.jpg
20200703_091524.jpg

Sigh. I know. My neighbor wanted to have a last hoorah with peach tomorrow. But....I think today I’ll be making the call. (Or asking a friend to make the call for me - I don’t know if I’ll be able to)

freaking tumor is on another growth spurt.

husband will drive us there, and he did ask if i wanted him to go in too, but when I pushed and asked him what he wanted he expressed that he’d rather not be there when it’s done. Which is ok. I’ll be there.

Good morning. Apparently I didn't log out before falling asleep last night. Granny, quickest way to get dog to come when called is treats, dinner and pats. Every time you provide any of those things, call dog's name + the command word "Come!" As in, "Bingo, Come!" In a bright, happy voice. Do this as you put his food down in front of his face. Also every time you begin to pet him, even if he is already standing right in front of you. And say it just once as you pop a treat in his mouth. Follow each time with enthusiastic "Good BOY!" Even though technically he did not come, he was already right there. Do this several times a day, every day, for a week to ten days. Have everybody do this that might need to call him outside. This is positive reinforcement. He will associate the command with good things happening when he gets close to you, and should come a-running. Then you can reward him with enthusiastic petting, even if you do not have treats in your pockets. Which would be even better. Do NOT yell, "Bingo! Get over here right now, you bad dog!" in an angry voice when you want him to come.

Thanks Blue. I will try that when he is outside too. He comes in the house. He wont come in til he is ready.
Wishing is right saying Bandit needs more exercise. Im just not able.
I have the same issue with our Sammy. Fortunately the kiddos have stepped up and are taking care of it.
20200619_184130.jpg

Back
Top Bottom